Windows 10: Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

Discus and support Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IanBinks, Feb 14, 2022.

1. IanBinks Win User

Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC.

:)

IanBinks, Feb 14, 2022
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Feb 14, 2022
  3. DMyr Win User
    Trouble Mapping Network Drive

I have a WD NAS drive connected to my router and have mapped it on three of my computers. I just setup another laptop with Windows 10 and have updated it to 1809 and when I tired Mapping a network drive nothing is displayed in the browse window except the
    computer I am currently using. The drive is shown under network locations in File Explorer but not when you select map network drive and browse. I right clicked on the drive and selected properties and noted the IP address and went back into Map network drive
    but instead of selecting browse I entered the IP address but it still does not map the drive. The strange part is if I go to any of the computers that already has the network drive mapped and select Map network drive and select browse none of those computers
    show the drive either but you can select the mapped drive in the drive list in file explorer and it works just fine.

I have read several articles both here and elsewhere and tried the suggestions but nothing works. Network discovery is turned on as is file sharing and also checked if all three boxes under SMB file sharing support in Windows features were also checked and
    they are. I have mapped several computers to several different drives over the years and anytime the drive was not listed it was always easy to go into Network Sharing Centre and find the problem but everything seems to be as it should so would appreciate
    if someone can suggest something I may have overlooked.

Thank you

4. Tmckinsey Win User

Problems with mapped drive

Well I got one step closer to getting the mapped drive working.

Instead of using Windows 10 File Explorer to map the Network Drive, I do it manually from a Command Prompt run as Administrator:

net use G: \\XP07\XP_Dev

After executing this command I can copy files to and from the mapped drive to the system disk. And while this is a huge step forward there are still other problems with the mapped drive.

Opening a jpg file in Paint by clicking it from File Explorer loads the picture just fine, but I can't save it. When Paint tries to save the file it can't find the mapped drive, it doesn't even show up when browsing for a place to save it.

There are a few links on the web discussing this very issues of not being able to browse a mapped drive from within a program. There is supposed to be a registry fix for this by adding EnableLinkedConnections and settings it's value to 1 but it didn't work.

So the next step after getting File Explorer working is to somehow get programs to see the mapped drive.

Tmckinsey, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Mapping Network Drive

2. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer: Hi,I am setting up a new MS Surface with Windows 10 Pro that is joined successfully to our corporate domain with a domain user profile configured. I've done this hundreds of times, but for some reason, this particular machine won't show the mapped drives, which are in Azure I...
  3. File explorer not responding due to mapped network drive not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not responding due to mapped network drive not connected.: Hi All,I have mapped network drives, which are only available when my laptop is connected to certain networks work, VPN. When I open file explorer and mapped drives not are not accessible in my current network, then it's very slow to open the "This PC" view, and the progress...
  4. File explorer not responding due to mapped network drive not connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not responding due to mapped network drive not connected.: Hi All,I have mapped network drives, which are only available when my laptop is connected to certain networks work, VPN. When I open file explorer and mapped drives not are not accessible in my current network, then it's very slow to open the "This PC" view, and the progress...
  5. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  6. Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer

Map Network Drive option missing in File Explorer: I can't get map network drive to show up in file explorer. I'm on This PC and select the three dots, but there is no option to map a network drive. Any ideas as google doesn't help. I'm running this:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022OS build...
  7. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.: Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-network-drive-in-file-explorer/f3a47487-dea4-4284-9ed0-f97bad2de702
  8. File explorer slow when mapped network drives are disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer slow when mapped network drives are disconnected: Hi there, there are some mapped network drives on my windows 10 pc in order to access my home NAS and other shared folders via SMB when I'm connected to my home network. The problem is that windows file explorer is terribly slow when I'm not connected to the home network (it...
  9. Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer

Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer: Why aren't Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-network-drive-not-showing-in-file-explorer/d3932ee6-2c7d-4ff5-90b6-ff7c596ddc2f
  10. Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer

Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer: Hello: Lately, I am having trouble Mapping one of my Network Drives in Windows Explorer. A long time ago (early Windows 10 and before) I could simply click on "Network" and it would bring up my Drive (among others), I would click on it (right click as I recall) and it would...