Windows 10: Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

Discus and support Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have mapped a SharePoint library to Quick Access in Windows Explorer. SharePoint sync is not permitted in my company, and this is a workaround.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zukecollins, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

Hi,

I have mapped a SharePoint library to Quick Access in Windows Explorer. SharePoint sync is not permitted in my company, and this is a workaround.

However, when you right click the and bring up the properties of the mapped library in Quick access, you can change the folder's name. What happens next is unexpected - it renames the URL of the SharePoint library and knocks out the original link/name. The items is not lost, but the link is broken.

How can you stop people renaming a Quick access link:

Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL? e5ce7cc8-358d-4fab-b8ef-d6439d0ab2c6?upload=true.png

For example, MappADrive: if I right click on it, change its name, it changes the actual URL of the SharePoint library.

Thanks in advance.

Zuke

:)

zukecollins, Nov 22, 2019
  2. TechDoran Win User

Mapping a List with Sharepoint

I'm trying to map a List for a client from SharePoint to file explorer. The issue is that the link I was provided to map is not a folder or a document; it is a list page, and the normal usual method of mapping a shared drive through file explorer isn't working,
    because that method doesn't like the .aspx ending.

Other advice has been to go to SharePoint via Internet Explorer and I should see a tab labelled "Library" and from there I can open it in File Explorer etc. I can't see that Library tab, because this particular item isn't a document or a folder, it's a List.
    Elsewhere in SharePoint I can see the Library tab and can successfully open in File Explorer etc, because those other pages are actual documents.

Is there a way to connect to a List as a shared drive in File Explorer? My feeling is that this isn't a thing that can be done.

What you see when you are viewing a List:

Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL? 402d52f2-177c-49dc-986f-19bbcd605e8b?upload=true.png

What you see when you're viewing a collection of documents:

Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL? 51930b09-2479-4ba5-8016-fa30849c362a?upload=true.png

TechDoran, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Mobyd33 Win User
    Mobyd33, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

Changing library location changes all other libraries

Try the Reset Defaults button on the property page of the library
    You'll have to reconstruct the library to include the folders you want in it.

Slartybart, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

1. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL? - Similar Threads - Mapping SharePoint Library

2. The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from...: The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from https://ckodk.sharepoint.com/ to cbnet.sharepoint.com?From CKO to CBNET. Our IT provider says it is practically impossible....
  3. The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from...: The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from https://ckodk.sharepoint.com/ to cbnet.sharepoint.com?From CKO to CBNET. Our IT provider says it is practically impossible....
  4. The company name changed, how do we change the sharepoint url from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SharePoint Page Header Logo / Change URL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Page Header Logo / Change URL: Hello,The URL in the green head logo goes to the wrong page, can it be changedThanksGeoff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharepoint-page-header-logo-change-url/d7f2342f-d187-4164-b831-81f5d4607f28
  6. SharePoint Page Header Logo / Change URL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint Page Header Logo / Change URL: Hello,The URL in the green head logo goes to the wrong page, can it be changedThanksGeoff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharepoint-page-header-logo-change-url/d7f2342f-d187-4164-b831-81f5d4607f28
  7. Libraries Properties Change Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries Properties Change Icon: How can I have the 'Change Library Icon' in this dialogue to be 'active'? : . 169477
  8. Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive: Hi I'm trying to map a sharepoint documents library to my Z drive. Here's the library: [ATTACH] But Windows won't let me: [ATTACH] So I added the URL to my Trusted SItes List, which now reads: [ATTACH] HOWEVER, I can't work out what Microsoft mean by...
  9. URL change

in Browsers and Email
    URL change: Can somebody explain what is happening here? (Win10 Pro, Firefox) I look to live cam video on YouTube: Aurora Borealis in Lapland, Finland *Live Stream* - YouTube I make an internet shortcut in a folder on the desktop. Everything is ok till here. Then I shift this internet...
  10. Changing library location changes all other libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing library location changes all other libraries: My downloads, documents, videos, desktop library folders are labeled as Documents and when I change one of the locations they all change. 53948