Windows 10: Mapping to Debian Server

Discus and support Mapping to Debian Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For years I've had shares from my XP64 machine mapped to my Debian server with the following fstab entries. It's a lot faster transferring files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soapm, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

Mapping to Debian Server

For years I've had shares from my XP64 machine mapped to my Debian server with the following fstab entries. It's a lot faster transferring files between machines using cli and I don't have any of the windows protection limitations.

Code: //192.168.0.XXX/Archive /archive cifs username=$$$$$$,password=********,sec=ntlmv2 0 0[/quote] That doesn't seem to work with a Win10 drive, any suggestions how to alter this entry to make it work? Nothing I try seems to work???

:)

Soapm, Mar 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 won't mount Samba share from Debian

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike. I just:

• Unchecked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Checked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Tried connecting to the Debian server's share
    But it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? In the meantime as a workaround, I see that there's a "Services for NFS" option that I'm going to test out to see if I can get access that way.

SeanKillian, Mar 4, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Mar 4, 2019
  4. rprengel Win User

Mapping to Debian Server

uninstall Nokia Maps possible?

Is there a way to uninstall Nokia Maps debian-like?

apt-cache shows me a list of packages.

Thanks

rprengel, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Mapping to Debian Server

1. Mapping to Debian Server - Similar Threads - Mapping Debian Server

2. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  3. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  4. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...: Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they use the source code of Debian? Or they use source code and Kernel of Linux?...
  6. Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...

Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they...: Debian is a Linux based OS and OSes likes Ubuntu are based on Debian. Does this mean they use the source code of Debian? Or they use source code and Kernel of Linux?...
  7. Debian

Debian: I gave recently installed debian linux application on windows and have gotten this error code : Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed. What does it mean and how can I fix it. Thank you!!!...
  8. Windows Server 2016 mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Server 2016 mapped drives: I recently installed two HP ML350 Gen10 servers for two different clients. The servers are running Server 2016 Standard edition. Both environments have around 5 PC with Win10 and Win7. Both sites are having issues when accessing mapped drives. Random times throughout the...
  9. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...
  10. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......