Windows 10: Mapping to Debian Server

Discus and support Mapping to Debian Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For years I've had shares from my XP64 machine mapped to my Debian server with the following fstab entries. It's a lot faster transferring files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soapm, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

Mapping to Debian Server

For years I've had shares from my XP64 machine mapped to my Debian server with the following fstab entries. It's a lot faster transferring files between machines using cli and I don't have any of the windows protection limitations.

Code: //192.168.0.XXX/Archive /archive cifs username=$$$$$$,password=********,sec=ntlmv2 0 0[/quote] That doesn't seem to work with a Win10 drive, any suggestions how to alter this entry to make it work? Nothing I try seems to work???

:)

Soapm, Mar 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 won't mount Samba share from Debian

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike. I just:

• Unchecked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Checked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Tried connecting to the Debian server's share
    But it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? In the meantime as a workaround, I see that there's a "Services for NFS" option that I'm going to test out to see if I can get access that way.

SeanKillian, Mar 4, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Mar 4, 2019
  4. rprengel Win User

Mapping to Debian Server

uninstall Nokia Maps possible?

Is there a way to uninstall Nokia Maps debian-like?

apt-cache shows me a list of packages.

Thanks

rprengel, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Mapping to Debian Server

1. Mapping to Debian Server - Similar Threads - Mapping Debian Server

2. Debian

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Debian: I gave recently installed debian linux application on windows and have gotten this error code : Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed. What does it mean and how can I fix it. Thank you!!!...
  3. mapping/mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  4. Windows Server 2016 mapped drives

Windows Server 2016 mapped drives: I recently installed two HP ML350 Gen10 servers for two different clients. The servers are running Server 2016 Standard edition. Both environments have around 5 PC with Win10 and Win7. Both sites are having issues when accessing mapped drives. Random times throughout the...
  5. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...
  6. windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server

windows 10 cannot map a network drive on server: on my windows 10 computer can not map a drive on windows server 2012 this compute can ping server this computer was able to map drives before what ever changed...
  7. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  8. Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Debian LXSS via PowerShell: Hello, I googled and found instructions on how to install Ubuntu LXSS via PowerShell with Code: Get-AppxPackage https://aka.ms/Ubuntu...[/quote] (I dont rememer exact wording here). Now I want to do the same with Debian? Which command to be used to LIST SEARCH Debian LXSS...
  9. Windows home server folder mapping fails in Redstone preview

Windows home server folder mapping fails in Redstone preview: Starting with the Redstone insider previews, my HP mediasmart home server works for automatic backups, and I can open the server console to manage the server. But it is impossible to map a folder on the WHS to a drive.; none of the shared folders on the WHS are visible,...
  10. Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??: Hi all, I've got an issue with one windows 10 pc which is connected to a server. On this pc are shortcuts to a program which runs from a mapped drive. The program will only run from a mapped location and will not recognise unc paths. This server has to be shutdown every...