Windows 10: Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location

Discus and support Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The built in Maps app in Windows 10 does not find most of the places I'm searching for. Instead it says it couldn't find what I was looking for and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cortanium, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Cortanium Win User

Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location

The built in Maps app in Windows 10 does not find most of the places I'm searching for. Instead it says it couldn't find what I was looking for and that I should try connecting to the internet and try again. I am connected to the internet.

Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location 231edf5b-ccc6-4d3f-9a31-85442b1c91c2?upload=true.png

:)

Cortanium, Sep 26, 2018

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 26, 2018
  3. pizaying Win User
    Cant connect to internet, says "layered service provider is outdated"

I just moved to a new location with a new ISP. My computer has windows vista, and i am unable to connect to the internet. When i try to diagnose the problem it says my layered service provider is outdated. Google searches said that was bad to do.

I was also told to uninstall my nod32 v2.7 and this would make it work. I have done that and did a winsock repair, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

pizaying, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location

HP Pavilion won't connect to internet

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the internet troubleshooter, by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Once the window open, click View All,
      located on the left navigation pane.
    • Locate and select Internet Connection, and run the in build troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location

1. Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location - Similar Threads - Maps app says

2. My wifi on my Windows 10 says “secured” but whenever I try to connect it says “cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi on my Windows 10 says “secured” but whenever I try to connect it says “cannot...: I have reset my router and network settings a dozen times by now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-on-my-windows-10-says-secured-but-whenever/1d2de186-c1dd-458e-b288-e689320a902e
  3. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...: My internet works on the browser, but nothing outside of the browser. If I connect to the internet, this is what happens: but if I look at my connection, it says not connected. Another problem is that if I try to connect to the internet for anything outside the browser, it...
  4. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...

Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...: My internet works on the browser, but nothing outside of the browser. If I connect to the internet, this is what happens: but if I look at my connection, it says not connected. Another problem is that if I try to connect to the internet for anything outside the browser, it...
  5. Whenever I try to connect to the internet, mcsftconnecttest.com appears, but my computer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Hi, whenever i tried to play a video it say this:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, whenever i tried to play a video it say this:: Please help me, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-whenever-i-tried-to-play-a-video-it-say-this/9d49d1fe-f76b-4a3c-8841-93ba8081c57c
  7. Hi, whenever i tried to play a video it say this:

Hi, whenever i tried to play a video it say this:: Please help me, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-whenever-i-tried-to-play-a-video-it-say-this/9d49d1fe-f76b-4a3c-8841-93ba8081c57c
  8. Hi, whenever i tried to play a video it say this:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Whenever i try to connect to the internet this happens. I haven’t been able to play a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever i try to connect to the internet this happens. I haven’t been able to play a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Diamond_Gemzboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mojqzu/whenever_i_try_to_connect_to_the_internet_this/
  10. My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...: I really need to fix this problem because I need my computer for school. submitted by /u/xiaoyukhei [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhp9hm/my_laptop_shows_a_globe_that_says_not_connected/