Windows 10: Maps app travel time in directions function?

Discus and support Maps app travel time in directions function? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Maps direction function results show travel time. Is the "heavy or moderate traffic hours" in parentheses included in the total shown??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryReynolds2, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Maps app travel time in directions function?

Maps direction function results show travel time. Is the "heavy or moderate traffic hours" in parentheses included in the total shown??

:)

GaryReynolds2, Sep 18, 2018

2. Can Maps Rotate to Direction of Travel

Generally on Sat Nav devices, they can be set up so that north is always up, or so that the direction of travel is up.

I only seem to be able to set up Nokia Maps so that north is up. How do i get it to rotate the map as I travel so that my direction of travel is up?

For info, I am using Nokia Maps on a 5800.

fat_boy---01, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Nokia maps 2 Direction of travel

It seems that you are using Nokia Maps only and not the navigational system. When you just swith on the Nokia Maps after connecting to the GPS satellites, you would be able to see the route in which you are travelling and not the direction.

To get the direction to travel, you would have to get the voice nagivation activated by paying for Dive and Walk Guidance.

sunvit---01, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Maps app travel time in directions function?

travel direction

When i dont have a desination entered and i have the map active.. how do i get the map to go in my direction and NOT point go to north.Its very confusing when i am going forwards on a road and the red dot (me) is going sideways or backwards.

Its fine when you have a destination entered it the map moves with your direction of travel.

Also is it possible to get a route summary of turns on the screen like on the tomtom.

thanx!

telefone---01, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Maps app travel time in directions function?

1. Maps app travel time in directions function? - Similar Threads - Maps app travel

2. Maps app can't get directions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps app can't get directions: The Windows 10 app usually slows to a crawl on my Dell laptop when I request directions. It can usually find a destination, but when I select another location to find directions from, it spins forever saying "getting directions," but an hour later it'll still be saying that....
  3. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly: When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and sometimes covers the entire screen. It never even comes close to being properly sized, much less over a roadway. Happens at all...
  4. Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??: I left the PC on overnight and when I checked it next morning, there was picture on the monitor. I was in a hurry and hard-rebooted it. Then I noticed something really strange! The last couple of days of activities were missing! When I opened Vivaldi browser, it was...
  5. Travel your first and last mile with Google Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Travel your first and last mile with Google Maps: Google Maps has always helped you get from place to place, whether you’re driving, walking, biking or taking public transit. And we know that transit journeys can be complex–often involving multiple modes of transportation to help you get around town. Today, we’re making it...
  6. Computer time travelled

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer time travelled: We have recently changed from winter to summer clock time. Prior to the change time was correct, but now at 09:15 computer says 10:15. Settings are for London etc; Set automatic-ON;Set tome zone autonomic- OFF. Can any one think, please, what may be the cause of this new...
  7. Quick maps and directions on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick maps and directions on laptop: I have Quickmapsanddirections on my windows 10 laptop. Microsoft safety scanner did not find it. What do I do next? Thank you. andy l https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quickmapsanddirections/7d5b356d-76f6-4c1b-b7c0-bb8ddacc41c8
  8. Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions

Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions: I can calculate directions via Transit, and sometimes, walking - but not driving. What happened, and how do I fix it? I'm logged in, and I'm tired of going to Google maps......
  9. Map app can not calculate directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map app can not calculate directions: My map app cannot give me directions for some needed routes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/map-app-can-not-calculate-directions/57f0b3a2-18d9-48ff-99a1-1f4714fb8ad6
  10. Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location

Maps App - Directions can't find any starting location: Hi, I almost never use the apps MS supplies. Reading a post, I thought I'd try Maps, and in particular its Directions feature. However, the starting point can never be found. I get Try entering a nearby location as the starting point. We couldn't find this one. I've tried...