Windows 10: Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Discus and support Maps App will not delete or open Google maps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Graceman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Graceman Win User

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job.
    So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps.
    I cannot get into the Winapps folder either which is where the apps reside I think.

New Upgrade to win 10 is so far working faultlessly which is a surprise, other than the above..

:)

Graceman, Aug 7, 2015

2. Maps

Open Edge and then go to Google maps/Bing maps. Does it work? Also try a different maps app from the store.

Stranger_Hanyo, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Nokia N9 Google Maps Availability

Open Nokia store and search "CloudGPS"

It has Google maps,open street maps,virtual earth etc very very handy app

donofworld, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

1. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps - Similar Threads - Maps App delete

2. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  3. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  4. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  5. Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Google Maps the default map app on windows 10: How can I make Google Maps the default map app on windows 10? I have it downloaded and the icon on my desktop. The file location is Under Google as C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome_proxy.exeI have Win 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.964. I s this doable?...
  6. Offline Google Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline Google Maps: On re-installation of Win 10, offered offline maps; having downloaded four, says they are in C: drive, but cannot locate them there or how to open/refer to them? Thanks, Mike...
  7. google satilite maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    google satilite maps: Why can't I zoom in or pinch the images on google maps anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-satilite-maps/c09dc4cb-f025-4d14-a571-12e6977998b9
  8. Maps app won't open

Maps app won't open: When i open the app it launch but after a few seconds it close by itself! Any fix please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app-wont-open/f7cfd655-587b-418a-a488-3d0e4011064b
  9. Google Maps on PC

Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  10. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576