Windows 10: Maps are not showing online maps only offline

Discus and support Maps are not showing online maps only offline in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! On my computer Maps only show a lightblue screen if I try to use online maps. I tried to download offline maps and then It worked. I removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Magnus_Jansson, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Maps are not showing online maps only offline

Hi! On my computer Maps only show a lightblue screen if I try to use online maps. I tried to download offline maps and then It worked. I removed the offline maps and the maps are not showing again. I have access to Internet and my computer does not think it is connected to a metered connection. I also turned "Connection with prices" or whatever it is called in english using Swedish lang in my computer on but no change.

I tried the "Remove all maps" button on the control panel and also manually deleted all the files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData but it still not showing the map.

I also tried to reset the Maps application Start Settings Apps Maps Advanced options Reset but no difference.

What else should I try except do a fresh install of Windows 10 of course.

:)

Magnus_Jansson, Mar 17, 2021
  2. sml156 Win User

Offline Maps

Windows 10 has the ability to download offline maps from Microsoft.

To Download the maps:
    Press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code:
    Code:
    Offline maps
    Select Offline Maps settings

Maps are not showing online maps only offline [​IMG]

Then Follow the Prompts

To open maps press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code:
    Code:
    maps
    Select Maps trusted Windows Store app

sml156, Mar 17, 2021
  3. NO Maps Offline

Hi FrancoTerracciano,

Follow these steps on how to use Offline Maps:

1. Download maps before you go offline. Then later, search for places and get directions in the Maps app, even without Internet access.
    2. On your Windows 10 PC or phone, select Settings
      > Apps, and then choose
      Offline maps.
    3. Select Download maps and follow the instructions.
    4. On Start
      , select Maps to search for places and get directions on the downloaded maps.
    Let us know how it works.

Regards.

1fd2a083-300f-484f-993e-69f80807585a, Mar 17, 2021
  4. CPinnegar Win User

Maps are not showing online maps only offline

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Yeah, that disables the auto download and update....which is good. I'm trying to take it a step further by greying out the options for offline maps altogether.

With that GPO set users can still manually download...

CPinnegar, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Maps are not showing online maps only offline

1. Maps are not showing online maps only offline - Similar Threads - Maps are showing

2. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  3. Offline Google Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline Google Maps: On re-installation of Win 10, offered offline maps; having downloaded four, says they are in C: drive, but cannot locate them there or how to open/refer to them? Thanks, Mike...
  4. offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    offline maps: offline maps not working on settings when I go into start settings system storage change where content saved change where you store your offline maps there no option for my d drive even when I go into settings apps offline maps and when im in storage location its not there...
  5. Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded: Hi I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then opened it again it starts downloading all my maps again. They all show "waiting to download" while it downloads the first map...
  6. download offline maps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  7. offline maps

offline maps: Why are there no offline maps of Uzbekistan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/5171a9c0-b095-4476-a04c-485a62f1e35a
  8. Offline maps - hiding ?

Offline maps - hiding ?: I have just downloaded a Win 10 offline map of my country And am unable to locate it on my C: drive Any idea where it is hiding ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-hiding/6373f14a-55e3-4cf9-941c-19e8f9da732e
  9. Offline Maps disappeared

Offline Maps disappeared: Hello, months ago I downloaded some offline maps on my desktop which is not connected to Internet and it worked fine. Now Maps does not work anymore, since my Offline Maps disappeared. Is it possible that offline maps expire after a while and they are deleted automatically?...
  10. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342