Windows 10: maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

Discus and support maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell computer running Windows 10, when I click on the MAPS tile in START, the app appears for a sec, then disappears. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by malcolmgoddard, Jan 8, 2020.

1. maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

I have a brand new Dell computer running Windows 10, when I click on the MAPS tile in START, the app appears for a sec, then disappears. I have tried all suggested fixes: troubleshooter, latest updates, Update from MS Store - same result. For the sec that it appears, it looks like the app is trying to load maps.

:)

malcolmgoddard, Jan 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2020
  4. mttb---01 Win User

maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

E71 Maps, dropping me off after 10-15 sec

GPS working properly, connection to operator maybe the problem. Or is it? I can open the maps app, it starts looking for my position, but never stays on more than 15 sec. Any other suggestions than "change the operator"". Thx in adv

mttb---01, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears

1. maps in windows 10 starts for sec, then disappears - Similar Threads - maps starts sec

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared: Hi, I've noticed that all the tiles on my Windows 10 Start Menu have disappeared suddenly. I didn't make any changes to the Start Menu settings, but now it's completely blank with no tiles visible. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu troubleshooter,...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared: Hi, I've noticed that all the tiles on my Windows 10 Start Menu have disappeared suddenly. I didn't make any changes to the Start Menu settings, but now it's completely blank with no tiles visible. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu troubleshooter,...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs: Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs). I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced...
  6. When I start my Windows, windows cmd suddenly pops up and after a sec disappears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I start my Windows, windows cmd suddenly pops up and after a sec disappears.: When I start my windows, windows cmd suddenly pops up and after a sec disappears. what should I do? Help me, please. * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: command prompt...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu - part disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu - part disappeared: Somehow part of my Windows 10 Start Menu disappeared - the portion where all the apps are listed. The tiles are still there, as well as the taskbar and the windows icon. Can anyone help?...
  8. Offline Maps disappeared

Offline Maps disappeared: Hello, months ago I downloaded some offline maps on my desktop which is not connected to Internet and it worked fine. Now Maps does not work anymore, since my Offline Maps disappeared. Is it possible that offline maps expire after a while and they are deleted automatically?...
  9. Drawing a line on map- line disappears after 3 sec, and the whole screen is filled with the...

Drawing a line on map- line disappears after 3 sec, and the whole screen is filled with the...: Hi! Very annoying problem with Maps app- when i draw a line on the map, about 3-4 seconds after, the line disappear, and whole view is filled with the current line color. If i move on the map, the fill "effect" is still here. The only way to remove the "effect" is to use...
  10. Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configured VPN Connections and mapped drives In Windows 10 Disappear: Hello, I am new to the forum and to the IT Industry...I have been tasked with building out a Lenovo T440p Laptop with Windows 10 Pro OS...Part of the configuration requirements was to configure VPN connection for the user prior to delivering the laptop...I configured the...