Windows 10: Maps location

Discus and support Maps location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidStafford1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Maps location

My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this?

:)

DavidStafford1, Aug 21, 2018

2. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 maps has my location wrong

Hi,

In order for the map to work again on your Windows 10 device, you need to make sure that the Location is turned on. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy and then Location.
    • Turn Location on.
    • Scroll it down, make sure Maps is turn on under Choose apps which can use your location.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Maps location

Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Maps location

1. Maps location - Similar Threads - Maps location

2. Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Snip it program doesnt list mapped drive as a choice location to save: This is on a fresh install of Windows 10. At work we use the snip program a lot and save the snips in a mapped "I" drive. Worked well under Windows 7. Windows 10 sees the drive through file explorer just fine Our problem is when using the snip it program, the drive isn't...
  3. Change maps download location to sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change maps download location to sd card: Hello all. I have a Surface Go and have been trying to change the default download for offline maps to microsdxc. In settings/storage I am able change the default download location for music, documents, videos, apps from C: to D: (microsdxc). For offline maps when I click on...
  4. Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Map App showing my location at Africa coast as my locale is set in NJ, USA: My default location on my Windows 10 is set in New Jersey, United States and Microsoft Map app is set to access my precise location but when I open Map App, It shows my location in the Gulf of Guinea, Africa in the Atlantic Ocean while other maps like Google, Map Pro app,...
  5. Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring favorite locations from Microsoft Maps to Google Maps: Hi, My Lumia 950's second battery is dying, and this is the last year of Windows 10 Mobile support ;-( so I will soon have to move to an Android phone. I have tons of favorites in Microsoft maps, synced between the Lumia 950 and the Windows 10 app on my PCs. How can I...
  6. Windows reporting wrong location in Maps, Weather, Bing, etc FIXED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows reporting wrong location in Maps, Weather, Bing, etc FIXED: Recently I moved from Minnesota to Arizona, but all my computers thought I was in Minnesota. After many long nights searching for a solution, I finally figured it out. I was using a fixed DNS address on my router through a DNS provider. Once I disabled the fixed DNS and...
  7. Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...: I see the wrong location has been an ongoing problem in Bing Maps / Windows Maps / Windows location. For me it still shows the location where I lived two years ago. I have two stationary computers both used at that location and it still shows this location. Since moving...
  8. Maps Has My Location Wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maps Has My Location Wrong.: Is there a way that Microsoft can fix the Maps App? Or can I delete it completely? I DO NOT live in Illinois. I live in Virginia. Can this company please fix this bug?...
  9. Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location

Maps app says 'try connecting to the internet' whenever I try to search a location: The built in Maps app in Windows 10 does not find most of the places I'm searching for. Instead it says it couldn't find what I was looking for and that I should try connecting to the internet and try again. I am connected to the internet. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units: This is an observation that might help others. I have already sent these details to MS via their Feedback My old but still useful HP Elitebook 2560p has a gps unit built into the WWAN module. Useful thing to have. I have Memory Map software and maps installed and have...