Windows 10: Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.

Discus and support Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I update my location to my new address. The old address is in another time zone and is messing up my clock/ calendar and weather. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bagg26, May 29, 2020.

1. Bagg26 Win User

Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.

How do I

update my location to my new address. The old address is in another time zone and is messing up my clock/ calendar and weather. Thanks.

:)

Bagg26, May 29, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is.

Clean Windows 10 Install
    Clean Firefox Install
    Not behind VPN
    Different ISP in NY than in PA
    Geolocation is accurate in Safari iPhone on the same WiFi network

I used Firefox forums account password reset, even that email gave the correct info: Firefox on Windows 10 My Town, NY, United States (estimated)

Testing
    HTML5 Geolocation API Test, Reverse Geocoding, Web Browser Geolocation API Demo - BrowserLeaks (shows my old Pennsylvania town)
    What Is My IP Address - See Your Public Address - IPv4 & IPv6 (shows correct NY current location)
    Google = shows correct NY current location
    Home Depot = shows old PA town
    Maxmind = shows correct NY current location
    IP2location = shows correct NY current location

Firefox Options / Privacy & Security / Saved Addresses = EMPTY

The baffling thing is Windows 10 weather app and maps app does the same thing, shows old PA town. Others complain of the same bug in Window 10 too.

I replicated this issue on both logged into MS account and local account on my laptop. Replicated on LTE also, in Firefox, Edge, Windows 10 apps.

Look at the attached images. Even on my MS account, their own find pc tool is broken. Pathetic.

Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address. [​IMG]

Chadi, May 29, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Berton, May 29, 2020
  4. Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.

Cortana wrong weather location

I have done all the things you suggest. The default has been set to my actual home with the map pointing to my house. The home and work address have been set to the same place. The weather app gets it right. But Cortana keeps reporting my lcoation as a town
    in Germany. The Cortana settings show track location history as off and grayed out. But I don’t see where that is set.

Since the computer does not have gps, it is using ip address location. Aboout the time of the major Windows 10 update to 1709, I also downloaded a 3D printing slicer program with origins in Germany. I’m wondering if the ip address from the download site
    got picked up by Cortana. Or if there is some kind of tracking cookie that shows a German address.

AldoMorell, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address.

1. Maps, time/date and Weather show my location as being my old address. - Similar Threads - Maps date Weather

2. why is maps showing my location incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is maps showing my location incorrect: maps showing my location incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-maps-showing-my-location-incorrect/c55ef819-f843-4b4d-9c6b-0afa9cb4038c
  3. why is maps showing my location incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is maps showing my location incorrect: maps showing my location incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-maps-showing-my-location-incorrect/c55ef819-f843-4b4d-9c6b-0afa9cb4038c
  4. Weather showing wrong location

Weather showing wrong location: Hello, I have the latest version of the Microsoft weather app on windows 10 and the location is showing the wrong location when set to detect my location. location is enabled in-app settings, privacy settings, and the icon that shows location is being used on the taskbar is...
  5. Find My Device map shows wrong location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device map shows wrong location: I am sitting at my laptop in Utah, and the “find my device”map shows that my laptop is in California, where I happened to be two weeksago. What can I do to make this feature accurate? I’d like to really be able tofind my laptop if I ever need to.Thanks for any help....
  6. Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Location find my device still showing an old address: Hi This issue has not been resolved in of the versions Windows 10 i've installed I lived at an address 4 years ago which is 120miles away from where I am now. I purchased a Surfacebook at my old address - Find my device would show my location within 100feet. Since moving...
  7. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  8. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  9. My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date

My weather app always displays the weather for wrong date: My weather app always displays the weather for Feb or Mar 20 ,2018, instead of the current date. (It is Tuesday the 20th, so I don't know which month.) I have updated recently and ensured my time and date settings are correct, but the problem persists.How do I fix it?...
  10. Weather Map not showing?

Weather Map not showing?: [img] how to fix this? also I cant access the Universal Applications folder, the apps seems to be working fine tho but the folder is in-accessible. 29989