Windows 10: Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...

Discus and support Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I see the wrong location has been an ongoing problem in Bing Maps / Windows Maps / Windows location. For me it still shows the location where I lived... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EAasen, Dec 14, 2018.

1. EAasen Win User

Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...

I see the wrong location has been an ongoing problem in Bing Maps / Windows Maps / Windows location.

For me it still shows the location where I lived two years ago. I have two stationary computers both used at that location and it still shows this location.

Since moving to the current location I have done a few clean installs of both computers, updated and flushed bios on the motherboard, changed hd on one of the computers.

I have also done a few factory resets on the router, and tried connecting to hotspot from my phone (has correct location).

When using https://whatismyipaddress.com/ it finds my correct address easily.

Trying change the standard location in maps doesnt really help.

I have tried most tips I could find here relating to getting the correct location.

Any new ideas on how to get the correct location?

Moved from: Maps / Maps features and getting directions / Other

:)

EAasen, Dec 14, 2018

2. Here Map is showing my location address wrongly.

In my mobile here maps on navigation shows different address for my location. It actually shows the nearby location only. But the description mentioned in address is wrong. How do i can pin location in here maps with correct address in the same. Seeking
    your kind support to do so.

BalakrishnanNatarajan, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the...

1. Maps - Windows location still shows last home address - 3000 km from where I have lived the... - Similar Threads - Maps location still

2. Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11: So I had a question about Changing home and work address in the Maps app, I went to link here below:Changing home address in the Maps app - Microsoft CommunityI found nothing here helpful at changing the map!I checked my account settings and both show my current address as...
  3. Windows still thinks that I live at my old address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still thinks that I live at my old address.: Hello,I moved to another province Here in Canada two years ago, and I bought a new laptop. However, I didn't change my address Until today because I haven't been using it that much on the Microsoft website.I am trying to book an appointment for my mother and this site wants...
  4. Windows still thinks that I live at my old address.

Windows still thinks that I live at my old address.: Hello,I moved to another province Here in Canada two years ago, and I bought a new laptop. However, I didn't change my address Until today because I haven't been using it that much on the Microsoft website.I am trying to book an appointment for my mother and this site wants...
  5. Still showing the wrong location every where except Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still showing the wrong location every where except Chrome: Today we celebrate the 4th anniversary with the wrong location issue. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and thought Microsoft definitely covered the issue but guess what ?...
  6. Still showing the wrong location every where except Chrome

Still showing the wrong location every where except Chrome: Today we celebrate the 4th anniversary with the wrong location issue. I just upgraded to Windows 11 and thought Microsoft definitely covered the issue but guess what ?...
  7. Wrong home address in Google Maps

Wrong home address in Google Maps: I have set my home address in Google maps but Google insists on changing St to Saint which is not a problem, but it also changes the postcode to what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Our address was altered changing "Somewhere" to "Somewhere Place" and we were issued with a new...
  8. Wrong home address in Google Maps

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong home address in Google Maps: I have set my home address in Google maps but Google insists on changing St to Saint which is not a problem, but it also changes the postcode to what it was 3 or 4 years ago. Our address was altered changing "Somewhere" to "Somewhere Place" and we were issued with a new...
  9. Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location

Weather app live tile STILL shows wrong location: After trying the various "solutions" offered for this problem, that unfortunately don't work, where do we go from here? It appears that the thread has died a death.It seems that this is indeed a Microsoft problem.Is Microsoft aware of it?If not, how do we make Microsoft aware...
  10. MS Maps is showing the wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Maps is showing the wrong location: Hello, For some reason my location in MS Maps thinks I'm in Illinois. It keeps on changing my time zone on my laptop to central even though I live in the eastern time zone. My IP address is even registered on the east coast. What could be causing this issue? Thank...