Windows 10: MAR Key: Validity

Discus and support MAR Key: Validity in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR)-Key for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I plan to upgrade my existing Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by #Chromium, Sep 25, 2019.

1. #Chromium Win User

MAR Key: Validity

Hello,

I recently bought a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR)-Key for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I plan to upgrade my existing Windows 10 Home Edition with this new MAR key. Since my current PC is quite old: what happens if the PC suddenly stops working and I need to buy a new PC? Will the MAR key work on the new PC (e.g. can I migrate my key), or is an MAR key a one-time activation key that loses validity afterwards?

Looking forward to your helpful answers.

:)

#Chromium, Sep 25, 2019

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Sep 25, 2019
  3. My Windows Vista key is not valid?

A message just popped up saying my key is not valid and I have to buy another or call ms.. How come ive been on it for a week and it just now says its "not valid"? Its a Home Premium key I bought off of newegg, do I call them or call ms?

ShadowFold, Sep 25, 2019
  4. MAR Key: Validity

windows 10 says it can't validate product key

When I upgraded my windows 7 with win10, it says it cant validate my product key? Why? Can you give me the steps to follow to validate it?

aphrodite.soft, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

MAR Key: Validity

1. MAR Key: Validity - Similar Threads - MAR Key Validity

2. Windows Key not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key not valid: I have an old hp 15 laptop. While it was still under warranty, the hard drive crashed. HP sent my a replacement drive and complete installation CDs, which I have converted to a flash drive. With product key baked into BIOS I never have to enter it, it just activates.December...
  3. Windows Key not valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key not valid: I have an old hp 15 laptop. While it was still under warranty, the hard drive crashed. HP sent my a replacement drive and complete installation CDs, which I have converted to a flash drive. With product key baked into BIOS I never have to enter it, it just activates.December...
  4. Checking the validation of windows key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking the validation of windows key: Hey! I am using windows 10 for a long time and I'm thinking if my windows is activated with the genuine key or cracked. My machine is old and it didn't came with windows 10 preinstalled. That time I had windows 7.This is an image which I think will be needed for it. But I was...
  5. validation of windows product key

validation of windows product key: I got the pre-installed windows 10 on my laptop and I was given the product key with it. After some hardware update I reinstalled to OS on my device, but this time during my windows activation my it shows that my product key is not valid. What should I do?...
  6. Product key Validation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Product key Validation: Have had this PC for ages & all of a sudden after turning on today a msg appears in the bottom right corner "This copy of windows is not genuine",Windows7 build 7601. In the System prop where your product Key is Activate Windows. The problem is why after using this PC...
  7. Windows Key isn't valid

Windows Key isn't valid: I put my Windows hard drive into a new computer..that had no operating system on it....It will boot up just find, except it says I don't have a windows 10 key. It won't recognize it as being the same computer.. (do I make any sense) What can I do.. don't want to have to buy...
  8. product key valid?

product key valid?: f I purchase Windows 7 how long is the product key valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-valid/8fab35f1-2e59-4602-b007-b12c0799488f"
  9. validation key request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    validation key request: bitlocker key validation help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/validation-key-request/31096794-bcc2-494c-825b-746d7369bc0c
  10. Windows Key no longer Valid?

Windows Key no longer Valid?: I put a key in in march, it worked, now 8 months later out of nowhere it again pops up in my bottom right corner i need to activate key with error code 0xc004c060 which says fraudlent key, but why would this happen 8 months into its use if it were a fraud key? I did buy this...