Windows 10: March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account

Discus and support March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am experiencing a problem with my Surface Pro, and I think it had something to do with the latest windows update. Previously I experienced some minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Candice Sizer, Mar 2, 2019.

1. March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account

I am experiencing a problem with my Surface Pro, and I think it had something to do with the latest windows update. Previously I experienced some minor errors which I see were common among other users with those updates. But last night I installed the latest update and has somehow locked me out of my device. I took my device to a technician and he says now that my entire user account has been wiped from the system, and he would have to do a complete reset which would delete a lot of important files, not to mention data collection for my thesis. Has anyone else had a similar problem but was able to resolve it without wiping their device clean? Or should I contact the administrator from my college to see if they have any ideas? I really don't want to lose my work, and before anyone comments that I need to use cloud accounts or external drive, my external drive has malfunctioned and my Surface Pro has not been letting me upload my documents to my cloud accounts.

:)

Candice Sizer, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account :(

Zakin, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account

1. March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account - Similar Threads - March 2019 update

2. Windows 10 update has wiped out my user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has wiped out my user account: Hi, Windows 10 recently executed an update. Upon restart, I was able to login to what I THOUGHT was my user account (kevin.ern). It certainly accepted my password. However, at the desktop I noticed several icons missing. My chrome browser bookmarks had all disappeared. My...
  3. Windows 10 March 2019 Update

Windows 10 March 2019 Update: Since this last update I have noticed many anomalies. Mostly with screen pages. For example, in page setup before printing the system hangs in the setup selection pages. These pages normal have an OK button on the very lower right part of the menu and you cannot proceed...
  4. Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019

Windows 10 update on March 20, 2019: Evidently the night of March 20, 2019, a Windows Quality Update was pushed down. My computer had been rebooted and now I cannot open any of my Office 365 programs. The fix for this happening in 2016 will not work for me as I cannot get into my programs to do anything....
  5. .NET Framework March 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Framework March 2019 Update: Today, we released the March 2019 Update. Quality and Reliability This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements. CLR Addressed an issue where the Framework would throw an exception is the year in the parsed date is greater or equal the year start...
  6. March 2019 Windows update

March 2019 Windows update: Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 amd64 2019-03 will not install after repeated attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/march-2019-windows-update/1b4395c5-d57f-4274-b63b-d9c74d2a7312
  7. March 2019 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    March 2019 updates for Microsoft Office: Summary Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in March 2019. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update, click...
  8. windows update of march 2019

windows update of march 2019: Hello, my laptop was working fair before the update but after the update i have to compulsory use the task manager to start any thing for the first 10 minutes of the startup. i need a solution. Thank-You!!!!...
  9. My Windows is not updating of a march update 2019, even after troubleshooting

My Windows is not updating of a march update 2019, even after troubleshooting: Hi everyone, Once I got a update in the month of march 2019, I started the update it downloaded and asked for restart, I restarted and it came configuring update => it completed 100% but during installing process it didn't happen and it came back to normal screen after a...
  10. Update has wiped my entire computer

Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone just wiped itself

2. windows has wiped my 365 account

3. windows update wiped out user account

4. windows just wiped out my entire laptop after update 2019,
  5. windows update wiped computer 2019,
  6. my windows account was wiped