Windows 10: March updates no internet access on laptop

Discus and support March updates no internet access on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the updates this week. Ive had to reinstall the realtek drivers. I uninstalled 2 of the updates hoping that this would resolve this issues:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaroRueil, Mar 21, 2019.

1. CaroRueil Win User

March updates no internet access on laptop

Since the updates this week. Ive had to reinstall the realtek drivers. I uninstalled 2 of the updates hoping that this would resolve this issues: however i have no internet connection on my laptop, or rather i have internet which isnt recognised by Microsoft. I get messages saying that windows update is configured to never install drivers... on looking advanced options settings update options keep turning the 'automatic download update' button off. Since tuesday ive been unable to use my laptop, and am currently typing this from my husbands ipad whilst using my phone for internet access. Ive even tried using my phone as a hotspot to see if there was any way i could get my laptop 'online' again. Ive run a few diagnostic tools these last 3 days and there seems to be a problem with dns server, even though I flushed/reconfigured it. Any help greatly appreciated as im flying out tomorrow and fear ill encounter the same problem with my other laptop

:)

CaroRueil, Mar 21, 2019

2. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      March updates no internet access on laptop 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    March updates no internet access on laptop 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    March updates no internet access on laptop 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    March updates no internet access on laptop 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! March updates no internet access on laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Mar 21, 2019
  4. BobSter2 Win User

Internet not working after 15 March MS updates

The Windows updates of 15 March 2018 have stopped my internet working.

These are: kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb408876, kb4088776 (9)

The computer can see my wifi router, but reports a yellow triange warning and 'no internet access'. Three other devices can see the internet AOK through the same router.

I have had similar problems a couple of times in the last year after MS updates and have found a workaround by switching to a USB wifi dongle. No luck, this time.

I restored the system to its pre-update condition (using the MS restore point) and everthing was fine.

Then I turned off windows updates in Task scheduler, but (another day later) it has installed them again and I have the same problem with not being to see the internet. This time system restore did not complete (not enough disk space). After the failed system restore, there is 6GB free on C:; the latest updates (the list from the 15th March) still display in the update history, but do not appear in the list of uninstallable updates. The two restore points I had made have been wiped.

What next ? thanks. I can get online with a different machine, but not with the affected one.

Win10Home 1709 16299.309
    Levono Yoga 2 Pro laptop
    Core i7 4500U
    Onboard Network Card Intel N7260

---------
    15th
    kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb408876, kb4088776 (9)

13th
    kb4074588, kb4011690, kb3172459, kb4011697, kb4090913, kb4018297, kb4018290, kb4011152, kb4018292, kb3172471, kb kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb4088776, kb4088776

12th
    kb40745595, kb4011679, kb4011678, kb4011700, kb4011676,

BobSter2, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. March updates no internet access on laptop - Similar Threads - March updates internet

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access on my laptop: Since Wed., cannot connect to internet on my laptop using either Chrome or Edge. No Internet access problems with tablets or any other devices. Using Windows 10 on 8-10 yr old HP. Spent 2 hours on phone with tech from Xfinity yesterday- tried everything including using...
  5. Internet access on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access on my laptop: Since Wed., cannot connect to internet on my laptop using either Chrome or Edge. No Internet access problems with tablets or any other devices. Using Windows 10 on 8-10 yr old HP. Spent 2 hours on phone with tech from Xfinity yesterday- tried everything including using...
  6. Internet access on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows March 2021 update breaks network access

Windows March 2021 update breaks network access: Windows 10 Pro, Build 18363.1440 There is a FreeNAS server on the network that provides folders via SMB. However, March 2021 Windows update update broke access to the SMB shares. It would let me type in my username & password, but then give me an error that I did not have...
  8. Windows 10 March Update will stop Internet access,Office 365.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 March Update will stop Internet access,Office 365.: Hi, I have got an message from Leading Magazine Hindustantimes states that the below message. Please go through the link in detail....
  9. March update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March update: After the recent March update a banner has appeared at the top of the page when selecting Settings. This says my updates need attention but when I look at that all appears well! Is this a bug or do I need to do anything, or just ignore it? No urgency just wondering if anyone...
  10. Internet not working after 15 March MS updates

Internet not working after 15 March MS updates: The Windows updates of 15 March 2018 have stopped my internet working. These are: kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb408876, kb4088776 (9) The computer can see my wifi router, but reports a yellow triange warning and 'no internet access'. Three...