Windows 10: Market Share July 2017 - XP Up

Discus and support Market Share July 2017 - XP Up in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month: XP up W10 flat W7 & W8.1 dropped slightly OS X & Other dropped slightly [img] Data from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by lehnerus2000, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Market Share July 2017 - XP Up

lehnerus2000, Jul 3, 2017

2. Three problems of Microsoft Edge

"... most folks do not attempt to put their entire collection of favorites in the horizontal favorites bar"? Can you provide any research
    or survey data to support this conclusion? From my observation, people around me and I would like to put and display the entire collection of favorites in the horizontal bar.

Furthermore, since Chrome, Firefox and IE, which hold the most share of the web browser market, all support multiple-level display in the horizontal favorites bar, maybe Microsoft Edge should consider
    using a more flexible strategy to satisfy users with different preferences.

FYI:

Browser & Platform Market Share (March 2017): https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Desktop Browser Market Share (March 2017): Browser market share

何昊 (Hao He), Jul 3, 2017
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Another Windows 10 Browser issue

It must be lonely. It seems there are more than 25 million that don't agree. Just joking, but:

"Windows 10 was officially launched on July 29 and it's rapidly growing in market share data, with new figures revealing that it has already surpassed Windows 8 and is now going after OS X and Windows XP.

Basically, Windows 10 debuted already with a small market share thanks to the Windows Insider program, but since its official launch, the new Microsoft operating system's score has skyrocketed as more users previously running Windows
    7 or 8.1 have upgraded their computers.

Right now, Windows 10 is at 3.55 percent, which makes it the fifth most used operating system across the world, according to StatCounter data. Windows 7 continues to be the leader with 53.8 percent, followed by Windows 8.1 with 14.93
    percent, and Windows XP with 10.09 percent."

Source: Softpedia

Erdeslawe, Jul 3, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Market Share July 2017 - XP Up

Maybe because new British HMS Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers use computers with XP ?

CountMike, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Yesterday I saw a news item about Automation/Robots and one of the labs was using XP to control/monitor the robots.

One of the Financial firms that they "cross to" on Sky News Australia also uses XP.

lehnerus2000, Jul 4, 2017
  6. I have a copy of Xp still shrink wrapped I will let it go really cheap.*Smile

Josey Wales, Jul 4, 2017
  7. meebers Win User
    ME 2. My grand kids beat the heck out of this installation for 2 years...*Eek Maybe it is in the "other" category?

meebers, Jul 5, 2017
  8. Durahl Win User

Kinda wondering if it were possible to know which countries still keep using outdated OS like this the most.

I mean if it's just a bunch of underdeveloped countries but with high population causing this lack in progress then I guess it's like that and that's the way it is but if we're talking about high development countries then jeez... get a grip by doing everyone and yourself a favor and change to the newest system, will ya?

Durahl, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Winuser Win User
    I find it hard to believe that XP shares are up and Win10 shares are flat.

Winuser, Jul 8, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jul 8, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Lies, damned lies and statistics.

These surveys are basically bs as they do not take a large enough statistical sample to have any significant meaning.

cereberus, Jul 8, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    You can see a map here..Desktop windows versions market share Worldwide | StatCounter Global Stats

Market Share July 2017 - XP Up [​IMG]

These are the top 15 sorted by XP share.

Market Share July 2017 - XP Up [​IMG]

True - the #1 user of XP the Paitcairn Islands only has a population of 56 people....

13. dencal Win User

I bet the hackers are rubbing their hand with glee.....they can,t believe their luck that there are so many opportunities available to them.

dencal, Jul 9, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Jul 9, 2017
  15. DooGie Win User
    A rumour only, I've also read that it will be running on a bespoke OS, which would make sense.

DooGie, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Market Share July 2017 - XP Up - Similar Threads - Market Share July

2. Operating System Market Share July 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Operating System Market Share July 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare shows no major change for W7 & W10. StatCounter shows no major change for W7 & W10. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data from StatCounter Note:...
  3. Market Share December 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share December 2017: Supposedly there are millions of W7 bots, so NetMarketShare has retconned their data to strip market share from W7. It makes no sense. Bots need a machine to run on and they are visiting sites, so therefore they are actually part of the market. It's like the...
  4. Market Share October 2017 - W7 Down, Other Up

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share October 2017 - W7 Down, Other Up: Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month: W10 up slightly (~0.6%) W8.1 basically flat W7 down ~2% XP down slightly (~0.5%) Other up ~2% [img] Data from NetMarketShare 94650
  5. Market Share June 2017 - W10 Up for 2nd month

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share June 2017 - W10 Up for 2nd month: Here is NetMarketShare's info for the last 3 months: W7 & W8.1 were basically flat W10 increased XP declined [img] Data from NetMarketShare 85910
  6. Market Share November 2017 - W7 Down, XP Up

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share November 2017 - W7 Down, XP Up: Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month: W7 down (~0.6%) XP up (~0.8%) [img] Data from NetMarketShare
  7. Market Share - W7, W10 & XP Up

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share - W7, W10 & XP Up: According to NetMarketShare in December: W7, W10 & XP all increased their share of the market The W8 Series (W8 & W8.1) has a smaller market share than XP [img] Data from NetMarketShare
  8. Market Share September 2017 - Basically Unchanged

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share September 2017 - Basically Unchanged: Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month. [img] Data from NetMarketShare 93111
  9. Market Share - W7 Up, W10 Flat, XP Down

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share - W7 Up, W10 Flat, XP Down: Here is NetMarketShare's info for February 2017: W7 increased (workers returning from holidays?) W10 was basically flat XP declined [img] Data from NetMarketShare 78635
  10. Market Share August 2017 - W10 Up Slightly

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share August 2017 - W10 Up Slightly: Here is NetMarketShare's info for last month: W10 up slightly XP down slightly [img] Data from NetMarketShare 90344