Windows 10: Market Share March 2018

Discus and support Market Share March 2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 both decreased slightly and XP went up. *Confused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by lehnerus2000, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Market Share March 2018

Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter.

NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 both decreased slightly and XP went up. *Confused
    StatCounter shows W10 increasing and W7 decreasing.

(You'll need to click several times to see it full size)
    https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...ounter.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

Data from NetMarketShare
    Data from StatCounter
    Note:

If you visit the NetMarketShare site, you'll notice that the info listed in the table does not match the data points on the graph. *Confused

:)

lehnerus2000, Mar 3, 2018
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Market Share March 2018

Hi,
    Weird all I can say is what I prefer to use *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 3, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Too much guesswork, there's noway anybody can get right numbers. MS knows only about what and how much is sold and registered/activated. I'm active on several HW enthusiast sites and very rarely is anybody running anything but W10. It's so often used that most refer to it only as Windows. W7 is all but forgotten. Practically only way to get older than W7 on a ready made new computer is to force install it.

CountMike, Mar 3, 2018
  6. cereberus Win User
    These so called stat trends are totally meaningless with changes well inside the statistical error bands.

Does anybody seriously think XP is on the increase - pure hogwash.

cereberus, Mar 3, 2018
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    it could be the result of older machines being resurrected, rather than acquiring new units. And with so many old copies of XP floating around and it's ease of install, might account for some. I personally know of 3 friends that have recently done this. basically most people just need browser connections for banking etc., why buy a super powered unit.

Interestingly enough this past year I have met so many Linux users, I am beginning to feel like the left out one.

Trust_No1, Mar 4, 2018
  8. Market Share March 2018

Surely the statistical variation is related to the number of samples taken.
    I don't know how many samples NetMarketShare takes or how often they do it.

I consider any changes <0.5% to be noise. *Smile

The XP figures could be because older machines (that aren't normally connected to the Internet) were turned on to get software updates.
    I don't normally update software on my XP installs every month.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Market Share March 2018

1. Market Share March 2018 - Similar Threads - Market Share March

2. Market Share Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Market Share Windows: Windows 10 is the most market share in February 2023, but the current Windows is Windows 10 right in 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/market-share-windows/657c0934-c2c0-42fd-89e2-7cab9e23e28d
  3. Operating System Market Share August 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Operating System Market Share August 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. StatCounter also shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare...
  4. Operating System Market Share July 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Operating System Market Share July 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare shows no major change for W7 & W10. StatCounter shows no major change for W7 & W10. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data from StatCounter Note:...
  5. Operating System Market Share June 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Operating System Market Share June 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. StatCounter shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data...
  6. Market Share June 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share June 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. StatCounter shows a decrease for W7 & an increase for W10. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data...
  7. Market Share May 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share May 2018: Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. NetMarketShare suggests that W7 & W10 are flat. StatCounter shows a big increase for W10 increasing and corresponding decrease for W7. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from...
  8. Market Share February 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share February 2018: The StatCounter Data indicates that W10 has overtaken W7. Here are the charts from NetMarketShare and StatCounter. (You'll need to click several times to see it full size) [img] Data from NetMarketShare Data from StatCounter Note: If you visit the NetMarketShare...
  9. OS Market Share January 2018

in Windows 10 News
    OS Market Share January 2018: Here is the NetMarketShare data for the 6 months to January. [img] Data from NetMarketShare If you visit the site, you'll notice that the info listed in the table does not match the data points on the graph. *Confused
  10. Market Share April 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Market Share April 2018: Not to slag Windows 10 at all, but it seems every other forum that discusses market share puts Windows 7 as first place, although the margin of difference is really shrinking. Just curious. *Smile It depends on which set of figures sites prefer to use. For example, the...