Windows 10: Marking disk a dirty.

Discus and support Marking disk a dirty. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soulreaper11207, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Marking disk a dirty.

I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a client management software that allows the remote execution of cmd style commands. Thanks for the help.

:)

soulreaper11207, Sep 27, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Marking disk a dirty.

All disks marked "dirty" after game crash

I have 6 disks - Win7 & Win7 backup (HDD), Win10 (HDD) and Win10 backup on SSD and two USB external drives used for daily backup.

I was playing Deus Ex;Mankind Divided on the SSD and I got a Win10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error.
    The PC turned off and then came back on and booted.
    All the drives were marked as "dirty".

Why were all the drives marked "dirty"? Why not just the one I was running the game on?

This happened last week the same way and I had to run CHKDSK /R on all the drives to clear the "dirty bit". The SSD was the only drive on which it found errors (and fixed them).

As a side note, if I run the game at the same point I was at on the HDD Win10 drive I don't get an exception error.
    Samsung Magician software reports the SSD drive health as "perfect".

dlwmacgregor, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Marking disk a dirty.

1. Marking disk a dirty. - Similar Threads - Marking disk dirty

2. Windows 10 says c: is dirty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 says c: is dirty: ran fsutildirty query c: reported volume - c: is dirty. i restarted the system several times, it still gives me the same error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-says-c-is-dirty/bd7670cb-fe69-49a9-a5b3-3cd3a9581935
  3. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  4. Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?

Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?: Hi, Yesterday I used Disk Management on a couple of 16GB USB flash drives to create a New Simple Volume ran a Full Format on them both as FAT32 with a single partition. Both of them are set up as MBR drives so theres no issue there. Then I decided I'd like to mark one of them...
  5. 3D Mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Mark: I have tried numerous times to reinstall 3D Mark and it just will not install. Every time I try I get the following messages (see screen shots) The program is definitely not installed anywhere on my computer but it seems to think it is. Anyone got any ideas here? 60285
  6. All disks marked "dirty" after game crash

All disks marked "dirty" after game crash: I have 6 disks - Win7 & Win7 backup (HDD), Win10 (HDD) and Win10 backup on SSD and two USB external drives used for daily backup. I was playing Deus Ex;Mankind Divided on the SSD and I got a Win10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error. The PC turned off and then came...
  7. Drive F with question mark and disk space mysteriously decreasing

Drive F with question mark and disk space mysteriously decreasing: Hi to all! I just upgraded to Windows 10 just 3 days ago. Everything was smooth until I noticed a drive named "F". However, there are no usb or external hdd that are being used by my laptop. The drive F could not be right-clicked in order to see and an error message appears...
  8. Marking files

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking files: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help with the following; I've downloaded a mod for a video game and long story short I have to manually move a number of files from one folder to another when I want to play with the mod, and then delete those files when I wish...
  9. Dirty installation (repair) after Mobo change ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dirty installation (repair) after Mobo change ?: I know a clean installation is always preferred and I may have Windows licensing issues after changing hardware (I will buy a new license if I have to). That being said, I have a relatively new Win 10 64 bit system (from upgrade) and I do not want to completely re-do the...
  10. dirty shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    dirty shutdown: random shuts down more and more. I see many many people share this problem. What is the latest solution? 34164