Windows 10: Marking disk a dirty.

Discus and support Marking disk a dirty. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by soulreaper11207, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Marking disk a dirty.

I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a client management software that allows the remote execution of cmd style commands. Thanks for the help.

:)

soulreaper11207, Sep 28, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Marking disk a dirty.

All disks marked "dirty" after game crash

I have 6 disks - Win7 & Win7 backup (HDD), Win10 (HDD) and Win10 backup on SSD and two USB external drives used for daily backup.

I was playing Deus Ex;Mankind Divided on the SSD and I got a Win10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error.
    The PC turned off and then came back on and booted.
    All the drives were marked as "dirty".

Why were all the drives marked "dirty"? Why not just the one I was running the game on?

This happened last week the same way and I had to run CHKDSK /R on all the drives to clear the "dirty bit". The SSD was the only drive on which it found errors (and fixed them).

As a side note, if I run the game at the same point I was at on the HDD Win10 drive I don't get an exception error.
    Samsung Magician software reports the SSD drive health as "perfect".

dlwmacgregor, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Marking disk a dirty.

1. Marking disk a dirty. - Similar Threads - Marking disk dirty

2. windows 11 destroyed itself after marking my disk as dirty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 destroyed itself after marking my disk as dirty: i was running my pc today everything was normal then i got a notification saying my disk needs to be checked i ran the chkdsk /f then my pc started bootlooping into automatic repair thankfully i found a recent restore point to save my pc i lost some work but i restored it all...
  3. windows 11 destroyed itself after marking my disk as dirty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 destroyed itself after marking my disk as dirty: i was running my pc today everything was normal then i got a notification saying my disk needs to be checked i ran the chkdsk /f then my pc started bootlooping into automatic repair thankfully i found a recent restore point to save my pc i lost some work but i restored it all...
  4. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive can you please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  5. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  6. I can't mark my drive as dirty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't mark my drive as dirty: Hi i can't mark my drive as dirtythanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-mark-my-drive-as-dirty/3d1fb200-ca23-4142-ab89-0c3033d124bb
  7. Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is marked as dirty after each reboot: Hi,after the installation of 22H2 last week my drive C: constantly marks as dirty, with the permanent check every startup. Disk is Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB and it is absolutely good.What can cause that odd behavior?...
  8. Drive is marked as dirty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is marked as dirty: About a week ago, my computer started giving me a message "Disk checking, press any key to skip" before booting into windows. If I skipped, windows would boot normally and work fine. If I didn't skip, it would say "Scanning and repairing C: x%" and boot into windows normally....
  9. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  10. All disks marked "dirty" after game crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All disks marked "dirty" after game crash: I have 6 disks - Win7 & Win7 backup (HDD), Win10 (HDD) and Win10 backup on SSD and two USB external drives used for daily backup. I was playing Deus Ex;Mankind Divided on the SSD and I got a Win10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error. The PC turned off and then came...