Windows 10: Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality

Discus and support Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my issues started with a Logitech G603 Bluetooth mouse. On the first use it connected fine. The pairing was also flawless. However I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ylun, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ylun Win User

Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality

Hello,

my issues started with a Logitech G603 Bluetooth mouse. On the first use it connected fine. The pairing was also flawless. However I got annoyed since every time my Surface Pro 4 went into hibernate/sleep my mouse had to be paired again. My headphones WH-1000XM2 and my Surface Pen still worked correctly.

I looked for solutions but there was no simple workaround. I'm definitely not the only one. I also saw that somebody with the original Microsoft Bluetooth mouse had this same annoying problem.

At a certain point I got to workarounds, changing something in the Bluetooth services but that did not work. Finally I wanted to update the Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth drivers but here is where it went wrong. Some 'fixes' were to go to the Device Manager and Show hidden devices and to uninstall the G603 driver here. I did that, but from then on I could never reconnect to the G603 ever again. After a reboot I did see the G603 come up [1], but I could never connect to it again [2] rendering the message "Couldn't connect. Try connecting device again".

I contacted Logitech and they sent me another mouse. This did not resolve the issue, since there is something wrong in my driver folder or somewhere in my registry.

Then I got to think about if it is only the mouse or if it is the complete Bluetooth driver. In the "Bluetooth & other devices" I clicked on the option to forget the Sony WH-1000XM2. Then when I wanted to connect them again to my computer through Bluetooth [3] and I got the same message as with the G603 Bluetooth mouse [4]. Some 'fixes' I came along again stated to uninstall the driver but now for the WH-1000XM2. However, the "Bluetooth" section in Device Manager does not seem to work the same as with the other sections (When uninstalling COM ports in "Ports (COM & LPT)" for example, after connecting devices again they install automatically); the drivers for G603 and WH-1000XM2 never came back again.

In the device manager I went to look for other drivers for the Bluetooth Radio Adapter. However, I saw a lot of duplicate drivers. Under "Bluetooth" I see one single 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter', two 'Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.)' and one 'Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter (Microsoft)' [5]. Under "Network adapters" I see 6 'Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller (Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.)' and two 'Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller (Microsoft)' [6].

Additional things I have tried are:

Troubleshoot (doesn't fix anything)

Show hidden devices (in Device Manager)-> uninstall hidden devices (think this doesn't work as it should under "Bluetooth")

Uninstalling under "Bluetooth" in Device Manager the Marvell AVASTAR Radio Adapter and reboot machine. Doing this actually creates all these duplicate drivers [5,6].

Another thing I would like to ask, is it possible that disable Hardware Enumeration in the registry screws with the workings of my Bluetooth adapter? I don't think so since the Bluetooth radio adapter has its own Enumerator but I'm not completely sure.

I do not know how to proceed from this point. Could somebody help me to restore my Bluetooth functionality? I do not want to remove my Surface pen and never be able to reconnect it ever again to my Surface Pro 4.

:)

2. tko896 Win User

marvell avastar wireless

I have got the same problem. Build 16215, marvell avastar code 37.

tko896, Oct 19, 2018
  3. marvell avastar wireless

Hi

I went through the items above including running DISM and sfc /scannow

Marvell AVASTAR Wireless still shows up with code 37.

Note 1: when searching, I've found references to the issue that occurred during the 14915 and people had to back out of the build. Here's the reference

https://twitter.com/cepowell/status/771082379049828352

Note 2: that my system started with a fresh install of Creators Update on fully formatted Surface 1 Pro (Marvell AVASTAR was working). After going to 16215, it stopped working

Zeid Shubailat, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality

Marvel Avastar Composite Wireless Device

Every so often I have had to uninstall the Marvel Avastar Wireless Composite Device and reboot to reinstate the WiFi & Bluetooth on my Surface Pro 2. (Upgraded to Windows 10)

The last time I performed this chore I absentmindedly checked the Delete Drivers box and now Error Code 31 appears (Cannot load drivers)

I have tried to update the driver both automatically and manually as suggested by Rajesh Govind on 4/3/2104 but to no avail.

David.Priest, Oct 19, 2018
  5. Ylun2 New Member
    Ok so I have fixed it for me. Having Surface Pro 4 and a G603 Bluetooth mouse from Logitech. I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I might have botched the drivers after trying out a lot of different 'possible fixes'. After the full reinstall the functionality was still horribly broken, but back at where it was initially. What fixed the broken functionality for me was to turn off a Windows feature in advanced settings. Before I did this I had to manually forget and add my G603 Bluetooth mouse at each awake (from sleep or hibernate) and startup (from shutdown). Now when I awake/startup the Surface Pro 4 I can immediately use my mouse and it works like a charm. I never lose connection mid use.

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
    1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    2. 2. Make your way to System and Security.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
    5. Select the Hardware tab.
    6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
    7. Choose "No (your device might not work as expected)", and then press the Save Changes button.
    This will prevent Windows from overriding the installed drivers for anything you installed. This will work for the Surface Pro 4. Other laptops (Lenovo, Dell) at work did not have any issue at all with my G603 Bluetooth mouse.

Ylun2, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality

1. Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality - Similar Threads - Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth

2. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD: I have a Surface Pro 3. Overnight my Wi-Fi driver ceased to function, I've tried numerous solutions, including running a "sfc /scannow" command that changed the grayed out driver in the device list to Code 12 instead. In the end the fix was to uninstall and restart the...
  3. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD: I have a Surface Pro 3. Overnight my Wi-Fi driver ceased to function, I've tried numerous solutions, including running a "sfc /scannow" command that changed the grayed out driver in the device list to Code 12 instead. In the end the fix was to uninstall and restart the...
  4. Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver causing crashes/BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. marvell avastar

marvell avastar: So a few days ago I noticed my Bluetooth icon would go missing from both settings and my notification area, i looked around and I troubleshot Bluetooth and it told me it was an error 43, I was told to uninstall Marvell Avastar and to look for hardware changes, and that would...
  6. Marvell Avastar Network Controller Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Marvell Avastar Network Controller Gone: Hello, I have been having an issue with my network controller. I followed the instructions with uninstalling it but upon restarting the computer the controller did not re appear as it should have. I have made sure to select the show hidden option and it is still not listed...
  7. My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My network adapter is Marvell AVASTAR Wireless: driver version is 15.68.17018.116I read online that some people were having the same issue. So I tried changing the band to only 5GHz, roll back the driver but it's still slow My MacBook air can connect to the same network with a speed of 400 mbps. This SB2 varies between...
  8. Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality

Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth broken functionality: Hello, I am having the sane problem asYkun is posted in October 2018. I have the version of surface pro after pro 4, Windows 10 pro. My problem is that my Logitech Bluetooth mouse M720 no longer stays connected as it first did when i first bought it. I have recently been...
  9. marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    marvell avastar issue after 31 July update on surface book 2.: Hi there. So I have that problem after my last update. After update I lost my Marvell wi-fi adapter on my SB2. There is some unknow device – but I can’t install it because there are some kind of problems with installation (please see attached pic). And I also can’t...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Marvell Avastar Bluetooth Adaptor

Surface Pro 4 Marvell Avastar Bluetooth Adaptor: HI I have spent hours trawling through community pages reading about fixes for this problem. I use a Surface Pro 4 at work and also have one at home and they both have the exact same issue which is also clearly outlined in this article...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. privacy separator function disable marvell avastar

2. marvell avastar bluetooth radio adapter