Windows 10: Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

Discus and support Masking Windows 10 Owner Name? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I first set up my computer, my friend thought it would be funny to name the computer 'Mayor of Poopton'. He was right. But now I'm in grad school,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quant_Appeasing, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

When I first set up my computer, my friend thought it would be funny to name the computer 'Mayor of Poopton'. He was right. But now I'm in grad school, and all of my documents have the owner name as 'Mayor of Poopton'. Not a good look for me professionally.

Is there any way to mask or relabel the owner? Id' prefer not to set up a new local profile because of how heavily customized my current profile is.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Quant_Appeasing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quant_Appeasing, Oct 7, 2020
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

Register Owner Name Change After upgrade to windows version 1607

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue user name.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the first name and user name.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

1. Masking Windows 10 Owner Name? - Similar Threads - Masking Owner Name

2. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  3. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  4. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  5. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  6. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Owner Name, File Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Owner Name, File Details: I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the...
  8. Change owners name

Change owners name: How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6
  9. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

How to change the owner's name on Windows 10: I bought this computer from a friend of mine and I'm trying to change the name the owner's name how do I go about doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-owners-name-on-windows-10/1faa41f2-b528-4bd1-9b02-2f1bfa92e6ed
  10. Odd owner folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd owner folder name: Hello, After having installed win 10, windows has chosen w/o consulting me a concatenation of my 1st name and few characters of my last name as my folder name (the one in c:\users\). Can I change it back to my first name or <first>space<last> or anything sensible? Thank...