Windows 10: Mass Change File Association

Discus and support Mass Change File Association in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to change all file types that are handled by notepad to notepad++. How do I accomplish this without clicking manually? Maybe by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gnulab, Nov 9, 2016.

1. gnulab Win User

Mass Change File Association

Hi,

I would like to change all file types that are handled by notepad to notepad++. How do I accomplish this without clicking manually?

Maybe by changing via the registry?

Henry

:)

gnulab, Nov 9, 2016

2. N97 mini system restore

Some applications installed are installed on mass memory. Mass memory is not affected by hard reset. However file associations with these apps are broken when you do a hard reset. Some apps however have a self reinstalling file in them which allows for this.

chanchan05, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Nov 9, 2016
  4. DooGie Win User

You can do it from within Notepad++

1. Open Notepad++ with administrator privileges.

2. Click on Settings in the main menu bar, and click on Preferences.

3. Select File Association, and add your needed file extensions one by one to the Registered extensions list.

4. If the file extension you need is not included in the list, select customize. Then type the needed extension, and add those to the Registered extensions list.

5. Click on Close.

DooGie, Nov 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Mass Change File Association - Similar Threads - Mass Change File

2. win11 change file association icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 change file association icon: I do not like the WinZip app as I can not open several at one time. I used ti be able to extract several to their own folder, so I DL 7zip and it changed the icon so I can recognized the file a a zipper it was a folder with a zipper on it how do I get it to return???? I now...
  3. win11 change file association icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 change file association icon: I do not like the WinZip app as I can not open several at one time. I used ti be able to extract several to their own folder, so I DL 7zip and it changed the icon so I can recognized the file a a zipper it was a folder with a zipper on it how do I get it to return???? I now...
  4. Change an outlook file association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change an outlook file association: I accidentally opened an outlook file *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with Adobe acrobat and it changed the file association to open only with acrobat. I have tried to change it back to open with outlook but outlook says it cannot use that file type. How can I...
  5. Microsoft Edge changing association for files

Microsoft Edge changing association for files: Microsoft Edge is GARBAGEWARE. I need to permanently destroy it. It keeps taking over JPGs, PDFs, and many other file types, without my permission. It REALLY SUCKS BIG TIME. ***Modified title from: How do I PERMANENTLY DESTROY Microsoft Edge?***...
  6. Remove (not change) file extension association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove (not change) file extension association: I mistakenly associated a file extension with .pdf. I've found many instructions on how to change (swap) the file associate from one extension to the other, but how do you remove the association completely and return it to "Choose a default" ?? This user was very helpful...
  7. cannot change file association

cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  8. cannot change file association

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot change file association: Suddenly, I cannot change my file association to the program I want. For example, I want to change ".txt" to use "notepad2.exe", not the default "notepad". Recently I was able to do that. If I right-click, properties, and choose my "notepad2", the change won't take effect....
  9. Changing file association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing file association: Adobe acrobat reader is associated with ascm files. I need to change the association so that I can open an ascm file with Adobe digital reader so that I can read a book. Thanks...
  10. file association change

file association change: v 1607 just installed, Microsoft keeps wanting to change from libre office to wordpad, win patrol cancels it but it keeps trying to change file association how do I stop taht 63644