Windows 10: Mass copying of different files

Discus and support Mass copying of different files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to copy files of different types from a search of one type? Let me explain: I have a main folder with hundreds of different types of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The_Impiersonator, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Mass copying of different files

Is there a way to copy files of different types from a search of one type? Let me explain: I have a main folder with hundreds of different types of files in subfolders, and I want to copy one file type of a certain extension into another folder, but I want to copy the files they are in their subfolders with as well. Is there any way to do that?

For reference:

This is what the files look like together.

Mass copying of different files 970d744c-6ddd-4ce4-8d07-8e885cde9d46?upload=true.png

This is what a search result gets me.

Mass copying of different files 776518f5-d153-430e-812b-712e82510e82?upload=true.png

How can I copy files like the PNG's along with all the other files without doing it manually?

:)

The_Impiersonator, Nov 13, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Mass copying of different files

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Mass copying of different files 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Mass copying of different files 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Mass copying of different files

1. Mass copying of different files - Similar Threads - Mass copying different

2. mass file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mass file deletion: All my files have been deleted. The folder is there but there is nothing in any of the files. The restore function hasn't worked. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-file-deletion/04b7a900-ac2f-4a97-ab48-b9f15efaa0d4
  3. mass file deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mass file deletion: All my files have been deleted. The folder is there but there is nothing in any of the files. The restore function hasn't worked. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-file-deletion/04b7a900-ac2f-4a97-ab48-b9f15efaa0d4
  4. mass file deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse: Hi,it was sometime back but there was a little app/too/bit of software that used a .csv file to copy files from one structure to another in Windows Explorer.Off the top of my head the .csv looked if one line something like:FromToFullPathFullPathC:\Users\huw.grossmith\Foodbank...
  6. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse: Hi,it was sometime back but there was a little app/too/bit of software that used a .csv file to copy files from one structure to another in Windows Explorer.Off the top of my head the .csv looked if one line something like:FromToFullPathFullPathC:\Users\huw.grossmith\Foodbank...
  7. File Explorer - Copy Files en-masse

8. Copying game files to a different computer

Copying game files to a different computer: Is it possible to copy the downloaded game files for a game from the microsoft store onto a different computer? I currently have a game downloaded on my desktop, but I want to be able to play on my laptop aswell, and being able to simply move the files would be helpful as I...
  9. Different errors when playing Mass Effect: Andromeda

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different errors when playing Mass Effect: Andromeda: Hello. I have big issues with the game Mass Effect: Andromed by EA / BioWare. I have been in contact with EA support and they claim that my issue is Windows based, so here i am trying to understand what is wrong with my game. So the error i have seen so far is DirectX...
  10. Mass Change File Association

Mass Change File Association: Hi, I would like to change all file types that are handled by notepad to notepad++. How do I accomplish this without clicking manually? Maybe by changing via the registry? Henry 69414