Windows 10: Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

Discus and support Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to find a way to mass aggregate folders from one project into a parent project folder. Currently we have 800+ folders with location codes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Misuraca, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

I am trying to find a way to mass aggregate folders from one project into a parent project folder. Currently we have 800+ folders with location codes and project name Ex: 0123 Project A and I want to move those to to another location where we have folders for all of our locations. Those folders all are labeled with the common location code Ex: 0123 Location. I need to maintain the folder "XXX Project A" inside of the location folder, since there are other sub folders in the location folder for Project B, C, D, etc. I tried temporarily re-naming the location folder to the same as the projec

:)

James Misuraca, Jan 31, 2023

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Bevier Win User
    PSA: RealTemp Won't Run from Folder with Greek Letter in Name

I have a very specific filing system that makes use of Greek letters in certain file names.

When trying to run RealTemp, I had an issue that the driver could not be found. It ended up being that the program didn't like the parent folder I put it in. The parent folder had a Greek letter in it and refused to run. If I deleted the Greek letter from the name, it would run perfectly.

Of course, this is not a common issue for people, but I thought I would post it nonetheless.

Bevier, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

1. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name? - Similar Threads - Mass move folders

2. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  3. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  4. Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mass move folders to new parent folders with common name?: I am trying to find a way to mass aggregate folders from one project into a parent project folder. Currently we have 800+ folders with location codes and project name Ex: 0123 Project A and I want to move those to to another location where we have folders for all of our...
  5. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?: I make a file test.exe in the test2 folder. This is my location in cmd: "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3\test2>" And I tried using the following command: "move test.exe C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3" but it's not working....
  6. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?: I make a file test.exe in the test2 folder. This is my location in cmd: "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3\test2>" And I tried using the following command: "move test.exe C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3" but it's not working....
  7. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Common files folder

Common files folder: I accidentally deleted common files folder? What should i do? My laptop still seems to work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/common-files-folder/82b68066-c239-4e79-97ce-deeb5e76e72d"
  9. Folder names are missing after moving the folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder names are missing after moving the folder: I work with photos and pictures on my Windows 10 laptop. Recently I created a folder and moved other photo folders there. But I found that these folders are missing folder names, just their names are still there. Before moving all of them had folder names. When I got then...
  10. Folder names changed after folder move

Folder names changed after folder move: I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file folder is there. I...