Windows 10: Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!

Discus and support Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys - guess what: Just tried one of those techie helps on the net - and of course they wanted access to my computer. So far so good, but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieJoy1, May 23, 2019.

1. Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!

Hi guys - guess what:

Just tried one of those techie helps on the net - and of course they wanted access to my computer. So far so good, but that was an extra $56 and - what were they going to do that I hadn't done already?

So I thought, hang on, I'll just give it one more try. Before that I had checked the Seagate 2T mass storage on 4 other computers and it showed up in the files, even with the extension +, but when you clicked on it it went blank. Properties showed a full disk. Nothing. It even showed up in Disk Management as "healthy" - about 2T bytes, no worries, but no go. The 'remove hardware' all worked, but there was nothing.

SO - OK, after all that (and after the techie non-help) –

Plugged the 2T Seagate into the USB 3 on the new HP Windows 10 (used the other of the two USB 3 sockets, not the previous one)

And switched on the computer.

Startup on Windows 10 automatically scanned and repaired the file system on the 2T Seagate mass storage – all files are there again & the device is working properly.

Needless to say giving those guys access to my computer would have solved nothing. All they had to tell me – for $5, which would have taken them about 2 minutes ($150 an hour) – is to:

1. Turn off my Windows 10 computer

2. Plug in the mass storage – to a different USB 3 socket

3. Turn the computer back on

That’s IT!! - actually only takes 1 minute

So there youse goes

:)

JackieJoy1, May 23, 2019

2. USB mass storage not recognizing

Hi,

To assist you better I would like to know, what is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    Method 2.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall/re-install the mass storage device and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

• Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.

• Right click on the device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers node related to mass storage device and
      uninstall it. .

• Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Billion Debbarma, May 23, 2019
  3. mass storage device not being recognized

how to get windows 10 to recognize a mass storage device usb

cranfordmorrison, May 23, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED!

1. Mass Storage corrupted and not recognized - FIXED! - Similar Threads - Mass Storage corrupted

2. mass storage USB disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mass storage USB disc: why do my mass storage USB disc not get a letter when plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-usb-disc/d6149a09-9774-41f5-a46b-990731eb4b3a
  3. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  5. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  7. USB Mass Storage Driver

USB Mass Storage Driver: My external Hard Drive not recognized. USB Mass Storage Driver not available.What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mass-storage-driver/6cb297a3-d35e-4daf-888c-66bba5e2c34a
  8. USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?: I am having a problem with my USB storage driver that is preventing me from using ANY USB storage device. Device manager and looking at my control panel say its plugged in, but they won't show up on file explorer and troubleshooting says its a driver problem The problem...
  9. USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

USB Webcam is only recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device: bought an HD Webcam for Vlogging. It has a special webcam feature that was working fine along with another USB webcam. Once I added a usb hub, the computer started recognizing the device as a mass storage device. I believe the webcam display also changed so that it...
  10. USB mass storage error

USB mass storage error: After a recent Microsoft update my USB ports are not detected and I get an error message. When I troubleshoot I get this. How can I get it to my read my flash drives again?!...