Windows 10: Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...

Discus and support Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why doesn't my mass storage drive show up in windows explorer. The device is connected because I can see its connected, but I cannot use the drive at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelGaines_722, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...

why doesn't my mass storage drive show up in windows explorer. The device is connected because I can see its connected, but I cannot use the drive at all.

:)

MichaelGaines_722, Oct 6, 2018
  2. KevH123 Win User

how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi there:

I have a Seagate USB portable drive and I mainly use it to connect to my ASUS Oplay! media player to watch the content on TV.

This device use to be an USB mass storage device.

Recently, I noticed whenever I eject my seagte portable drive, the device is showing as ""USB attached SCSI mass storage device" instead of a regular "USB mass storage device". This is when my media player stopped recognising the portable drive (showing
    the device is not supported). The portable drive works fine on my Windows 10 PC, just not recognising by my media player anymore.

Wondering if anyone can point out how I can restore my portable hard drive back to a generic USB mass storage device instead of being a "USB attached SCSI mass storage device".

Thank you.

KevH123, Oct 6, 2018
  3. avuser Win User
    External SSD drive Not configured correctly as a USB Mass Storage Device.

Hi,

My external Samsung SSD drive is working.

But it is not showing up as a USB Mass Storage Device, which it should.

and it does not display Eject in the right click context menu, like other external SSD drives.

Comparing it with other external drives.

The difference is showing at Hardware Properties.

Properties - Hardware (windows menu tab) - Device Properties says "Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0" at the bottom.

It should say "Location: on USB Mass Storage Device. " Like my other External drives.

Policies is set to Quick removal (default) which should be fine.

formatting the drive both in exFAT and NTFS. and assigning another drive Letter and using other USB slots on the PC. Did nothing.

Uninstalling/reinstalling the USB drive in Device Manager or Computer Manager did nothing.

Driver details should be fine.

C:WINDOWS\system\32\DRIVERS\disk.sys

C:WINDOWS\system\32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys

C:WINDOWS\system\32\drivers\partmgr.sys

And device is working properly.

So I hope someone out there knows how to configure a drive from Location: Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0"

to Location: on USB Mass Storage Device.

avuser, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...

windows 10 connecting usb 3.0 mass storage to yoga 2 tablet

I have a new yoga 2 10.1 tablet with windows 10 and can't access files from my external hard drive connected via USB. The tablet recognizes that a mass storage device is connected, but it does not show up in my files so I cannot access them. Could this
    be because my micro USB converter cannot handle the USB 3.0 connection?

Tcompere23, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not...

1. Mass Storage device USB 2.0 Windows 10 shows that it is connected, but the drive does not... - Similar Threads - Mass Storage device

2. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  3. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  4. USB Mass Storage Device driver not showing or working

in Windows 10 News
    USB Mass Storage Device driver not showing or working: [ATTACH]The use of USB storage devices is rampant in the form of pen drives, external Hard disks, etc. We connect them to our PC copy files and save them offline nowadays. Some people are facing issues with the USB Mass Storage Device driver. In this guide, we have a few...
  5. USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device Showing error, and can't connect external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device Showing error, and can't connect external drives: Good day to everyone!Everything was OK until I installed the last Windows 11 update and two external SSD hard drives stopped working. Inside the Device Manager, the USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device has an error sign. I tried updating the driver but it says it's...
  6. USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device Showing error, and can't connect external drives

USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device Showing error, and can't connect external drives: Good day to everyone!Everything was OK until I installed the last Windows 11 update and two external SSD hard drives stopped working. Inside the Device Manager, the USB attached SCSI uas mass storage device has an error sign. I tried updating the driver but it says it's...
  7. USB Mass Storage Device problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  8. USB Mass Storage Device problem

USB Mass Storage Device problem: Hello,I have a problem with any flash drive or external drive on my Windows 11 PC, When I first boot up the PC the USB ports, the flash drive, and external drives work fine, but as soon as I unplug them and plug them back in they don't show up in the File Explorer and a...
  9. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  10. USB mass storage device problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage device problem: I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle. When I first turn the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change location bus number 0 target id 0 lun 0 to usb mass storage device