Windows 10: Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.

Discus and support Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whats up guys, I'm literally loosing my mind over this issue for more than 5 weeks now. I am pretty well versed in Windows and I know my way arround,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsWobble, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.

Whats up guys,

I'm literally loosing my mind over this issue for more than 5 weeks now. I am pretty well versed in Windows and I know my way arround, but this issue has been plaguing me and I'm not able to fix it. Heres a brief description of what happens:

My microphone just suddently decides not to deliver any input at all, its not being picked up by Apps like Discord or Windows itself. When I switch the input devices however, it starts working again for 2 minutes and then does the same thing again. It appears that the whole Sound Settings window just freezes if the mic goes "dark" and still had input a brief second before.

Things I've tried:

I. Running the useless troubleshooter in the Sound Settings

II. Checking for Hardware issues, cables are fine, USB ports are fine and the Microphone itself is fine aswell. This doesn't only happen exclusively to this mic, it happens to every mic I have attached. They all just go blank.

III. Googling for hours and hours on end, trying every fix on this god damn planet to no avail. I tried the Privacy settings, I tried disabling other sound devices so only my main mic is on etc.

IV. Tried driver updates, Windows Updates, Driver reinstalls, running it without a driver etc.

V. Also disabled things like Game Bar, anything that could interfere with my microphone - tried to check the event logs but there wasnt anything about USB devices in there either.

My Setup:

CPU: i7 5960X

GPU: 2x 1080 TI

MIC: Rode NT-USB

HEADSET: Corsair VOID ELITE

MOTHERBOARD: Rampage V Extreme

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you need more information, feel free to let me know and ill respond the best I can.

submitted by /u/ItsWobble
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItsWobble, Feb 9, 2020

2. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded Memory, PSU, and GPU. No issues after I installed that hardware.

About a week ago, the microphone inputs all stopped working. Playback works fine, any device. My computer has a IDT HD Audio in it. I have tried multiple microphones, front input jack, rear input jack, and even a USB sound card. No difference. The microphones still don't work, no matter which one, where, or what settings I use (Sound Settings).

I recently installed VB- Audio Cable software for some streaming I needed to do. I installed it about a week or two before these problems showed up, so the first thing I did was uninstall VB-Audio Cable. No effect.

Where should I start to trouble shoot this? I have tried all my microphones on another PC and it worked just fine, so I know that isn't the problem. I have tried plugging the USB sound card into different USB ports (that work just fine for every other USB thing I plug in). The USB card was Amazon recommended 4 out of 5 stars customer reviews.

Suggestions please! Thanks!

Blenderite, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Ran this and restarted but no luck, microphone stopped picking up audio a few minutes later.

ChrisSettle, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes.

1. Massive Audio issues with Microphone, just decides to stop working entirely every 2 minutes. - Similar Threads - Massive Audio issues

2. Microphone just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone just suddenly stopped working: Hello there, Im currently using a laptop and a Razer headphones wire at the moment. I was playing some games and I went ahead to configure some settings in game and then my microphone stopped working in game. At first I was confused so I tried fixing it in sound settings. I...
  3. Microphone just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone just suddenly stopped working: Hello there, Im currently using a laptop and a Razer headphones wire at the moment. I was playing some games and I went ahead to configure some settings in game and then my microphone stopped working in game. At first I was confused so I tried fixing it in sound settings. I...
  4. Windows 10 randomly decides to stop working with USB Bluetooth adapters entirely.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly decides to stop working with USB Bluetooth adapters entirely.: About a month ago my bluetooth speakers refused to stay connected to windows. So I bought new wired speakers, but more recently I tried to connect my xbox controllers to my computer, and it refuses to stay connected for more than 10 seconds. On the rare occasion that it does...
  5. My audio just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio just stopped working.: Two days ago my laptop had a few issues, and on that account I got it fixed by a very well rated IT technician. He brought it back to me and when I opened it today, I saw that it was displaying a red cross on the audio icon. I entered the trouble shooting and it says that one...
  6. Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes: I really want to get this fixed because I have to use speech recognition constantly. It's as if it turning itself off even while it shows itself as turned on. Speech recognition just stops hearing me every couple of minutes, even during the training. I have to click pause...
  7. Bluetooth decided to stop working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth decided to stop working: I recently found that bluetooth seemed to be turned off for my desktop. I ran a bunch of troubleshoots and even underwent a BIOS update (I was desperate so just decided to update everything), and when I went into device manager and showed hidden options to find bluetooth, it...
  8. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping: For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my headset, then it would work just fine again for the next few minutes. In the sound tab I can see my mic picking up audio and then...
  9. Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working

Audio Issues: Microphones All Stop Working: Hello. I have a HP Pavillion 500-164 tower. An ancient system, but it has been running Windows 10 just fine. Everything is stock, except for upgraded Memory, PSU, and GPU. No issues after I installed that hardware. About a week ago, the microphone inputs all stopped...
  10. Audio works for just a few minutes

Audio works for just a few minutes: down votefavorite I swapped my previous PSU since it had failed. I've been having this issue since then. I boot up the computer, start watching a video, after a few minutes the audio goes off completely and I start hearing that whizzing noise, though it's very quiet. Now,...