Windows 10: MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate via the Installation Media. After the upgrade, it worked properly for about a month, but last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by King BabyMaggie, Nov 1, 2019.

1. MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate via the Installation Media.

After the upgrade, it worked properly for about a month, but last few days... it's maybe a week, but now I see MASSIVE changes in performance. A game I play, League of Legends, is waaaay slower and I can't play it anymore. Browsers are so slow - for example when I watch videos they often freeze for 3-4 seconds, every 6-10 seconds. Some normal Windows commands do are slow: right-click on desktop, opening the start, the Wi-Fi, battery and notification things on the taskbar.

I want to improve my performance, PLEASE HELP ME!!

Note: I already did things like scan for viruses, set battery mode to Best Performance, cleanup the disk, disable many Startup processes in the Task Manager, use a cooling pad (since I'm on a laptop, and I remember reading somewhere that "you better have a cooler or something for Windows 10"), uninstall unused programs, etc.

:)

King BabyMaggie, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 1, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10

1. MASSIVE Changes in Performance After Upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - MASSIVE Changes Performance

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Performance Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Upgrade Performance Issue: I've upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool, I have noticed that some of my apps have not been working correctly, I suppose it could be because of my graphics drivers but when I try to update my drivers on the device manager it will...
  3. Chrome 87 is out with massive performance upgrade on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome 87 is out with massive performance upgrade on Windows 10: Google has introduced a new set of features in Chrome 87 that could reduce Chrome’s memory and CPU usage significantly on Windows 10. Google Chrome 87 introduces tab throttling and other tweaks to make the browser faster on devices with Windows operating system. Google can...
  4. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2: Hello everyone! I understand that the build is very new but I wanted to ask if what's happening on my pc right now is normal. I own an Idepad Flex 5 14ARE05 with ryzen 5 4500u and vega6 graphics. With 2004 my OpenGL (cinebench R15) benchmark score was around 55/56 fps. Once...
  5. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very high avg. response time which bogs the whole system down, even though the windows is instaled on an ssd. After a restart...
  6. Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, prior to that everything worked fine o my PC. Now things are sluggish and slow to respond, even using google chrome has become slower. I also have issues accessing my own files from before the upgrade. I cannot play any of my old video...
  7. Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change

Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change: Hi all My old motherboard broke and I have replaced it with a new one but I am now getting performance issues. Most apps open very slowly and have a (not responding) crash when I close them, the video player is very buggy in playback for local files, file explorer is very...
  8. Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Academy License after massive Hardware Change: Hello, I just upgraded my PC, and I'm a student on a University. I used to have the Windows Academy for the past 6 months with no problems. I used the code 2 other times except my PC, that was my father's PC and my sister's laptop. Well the problem is that now I can't put the...
  9. win 10 massive upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 massive upgrade: is that posible to upgrade windows 7 into windows 10 in a massive way? example : i have 100 pc.. i want it to upgrade togethere one at a time. to avoid time consumming. 16420
  10. Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft sets stage for massive Windows 10 upgrade strategy: Microsoft has been preparing Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs for a more aggressive Windows 10 upgrade strategy that the company will kick off shortly, according to the developer of a tool that blocks such upgrades. "Over Thanksgiving weekend I started getting reports that...