Windows 10: Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive

Discus and support Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I rarely post for tech issues but really need help! I produce some video content stored by a recording program. I recently removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by plshelpwindowshurts, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive

Hello everyone, I rarely post for tech issues but really need help!

I produce some video content stored by a recording program. I recently removed some of my drives to try and solve some vibrating issues with my PC being a bit loud. I plugged the drives back in after removing them but wasn't concerned about the order, most drives I don't install programs on so I would just remap the few if needed.

As a result my main 3tb drives name changed.

Without thinking about it I went to go produce video content today and got a "folder not found for storage". I recreated the folder without thinking. Later I went to look for the folder I store all my video media in and noticed only recent recordings were there and not old ones. This is dozens of 1gb+ files now gone.

I have searched the drive and my PC and it seems the files are just gone. Not in the recycle bin. They're just gone not deleted or anything. Help would be greatly appreciated as it's dozens of videos I really need to get back!

:)

plshelpwindowshurts, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Pozzie Win User

Folder contents disappear from portable hard drive

Hi

I am transferring files from a couple of computers (-all WIN 10, 1803 build) to a portable NTFS hard drive. I have regularly done this before, so its not new and I have not had issues.

But on 2 recent occasions, after a cut and paste from an internal computer hard drive, a duplicate folder has appeared in the hard portable drive, and the contents of the original folder on that portable hard drive have disappeared: the message is the "folder
    is empty". However, when I right click and open "properties" of that original folder, the number of files and the data is definitely not zero and is comparable to all of the prior contents.

I have read up about NTFS folder/file ownership and permissions and have re-assigned both in case I had stuffed this up at another time (The files were coming from different 'owners'). But no help: I cannot access nor even list the missing files.

I have run anti-virus : no issues.

Any suggestions to recover these files would be much appreciated.

Pozzie, Dec 3, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive

1. Massive folder disappeared from Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Massive folder disappeared

2. Empty folders disappear from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders disappear from USB Drive: Hi, Empty folders gets delete from any USB drive in the computer.If I create a folder on the drive, it gets instantly removedI can copy folders to the drive no problem, but if they are empty, they get deleted.There is no problem if the folders are not empty, then they work...
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  5. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  7. Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Disappear From Explorer: My D: drive is gone from explorer!I Try to transfer very large files from my D: Drive and Explorer becomes unresponsive and after that my hard drive disappeared....
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  9. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  10. Folders missing from hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders missing from hard drive: I have a Surface Pro. A few days ago I copied 4 folders of image files (jpg and cr2) to the C: drive in the Pictures folder and now those folders are gone, 4 days of vacation photos wiped out. wtf is going on?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old windows files have disappeared on hard drive

2. my user folder dissaper on the hardrive

3. folder dissapeared when transferring from internal drive to external drive