Windows 10: Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

Discus and support Massive FPS Drops on a certain game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, ive recently been having problems with my build, with my FPS dropping in Fortnite from like 300-400 to 40 even in the menu with nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by paradisedetox, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

Hi everyone,
    ive recently been having problems with my build, with my FPS dropping in Fortnite from like 300-400 to 40 even in the menu with nothing going on and it crashing quite often. I did a fresh install of windows and drivers but getting the same problem, My CPU is at 50-70% utalization and my GPU around 40%, No overclocks or thermal problems. Im so confused as to what is going on when im playing fortnite.
    But i could really do with some help.

Also tried WC Cleaner, Driver Checker, and process lasso. Also Stress tested and benchmarked my system mutiple times with no crashes or problems.
    64Bit windows Version 20H2
    Thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

Just ran DISM and sfc /scannow and no problems, but still getting the drops. Im starting to think its something related to the game.

:)

paradisedetox, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Zach LL Win User

Windows 10 massive fps drop

Hello, i seem to have a massive fps drop in any game i play, 1/3 to even 1/2 fps drops depending on the game, I've tried reinstalling windows twice, checking drivers constantly and i can't seem to fix it. it's not a hardware issue, i believe it to
    be a software issue, started to happen about the last week of September, so about 2 months now, also sometimes when i restarted pc my fps would be fixed on startup, but the next restart it would drop massively by 1/3 to even 1/2 of my usually amount.
    I also tried bumping my performance of my ram per paging file in the advanced system properties, because i also noticed my memory % jumped quite a bit.

System Specs:

Windows 10 os 64-bit

8 GB of Ram (7.85 usable)

i5-4690k Cpu @ 3.50 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7700 series

Thank you

Zach LL, Jan 30, 2021
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

Windows 10 massive fps drop

Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps given by
    Preeti Patel
    on this
    link

Catherine Cus., Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

1. Massive FPS Drops on a certain game - Similar Threads - Massive FPS Drops

2. Massive fps drop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive fps drop after Windows update: After installing the latest Windows update KB5034467 the game installed Rainbow Six Siege, which I've been playing for years is simply unplayable. It was working just fine before, medium graphic settings and getting over 100 fps.AFTER the update, I'm getting 3-4 fps. How is...
  3. Massive fps drop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive fps drop after Windows update: After installing the latest Windows update KB5034467 the game installed Rainbow Six Siege, which I've been playing for years is simply unplayable. It was working just fine before, medium graphic settings and getting over 100 fps.AFTER the update, I'm getting 3-4 fps. How is...
  4. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  5. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  6. massive fps drop on every game

massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  7. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  8. Massive fps drops on good hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive fps drops on good hardware: Massive fps problems with good hardware Yo so i recently started playing apex and i have my gpu (1080 ti) at 100% usage, cpu (8700k) at 30% ish and temps are super fine (both gpu and cpu are 65 degrees max) however i have terrible fps not only in the spaceship phase (where...
  9. Sudden massive FPS drops during gaming

Sudden massive FPS drops during gaming: Hi everyone, I am having this massive drop in FPS from 100 fps to 50+ fps on Modern Warfare. I'm using a GTX 1070 Max Q notebook. GPU temps while gaming is approx 80-84c. During gameplay, FPS drops to 50+ all of the sudden and my GPU temp hovers around 70c. This happens...
  10. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming: Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine eg: modern warfare, prototype etc usually averaging around 20-30 fps which is playable enough for me. Recently when the May...