Windows 10: MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

Discus and support MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I understand that the build is very new but I wanted to ask if what's happening on my pc right now is normal. I own an Idepad Flex 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scofield119, Oct 31, 2020.

1. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

Hello everyone! I understand that the build is very new but I wanted to ask if what's happening on my pc right now is normal. I own an Idepad Flex 5 14ARE05 with ryzen 5 4500u and vega6 graphics.

With 2004 my OpenGL (cinebench R15) benchmark score was around 55/56 fps.

Once updated to 20H2, the same benchmark gave a result of 44 fps which is a massive drop compared to the previous windows version.

Does someone have the same problem? Any explanation or how to fix the issue? My brother has the same performance drops in gaming compared to the 2004

submitted by /u/scofield119
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scofield119, Oct 31, 2020

2. Many games stutter like hell [MASSIVE FPS DROPS]

Hello,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 31, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 31, 2020
  4. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

Build 10240 no apps due to graphics

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to perform the methods provided below:

Method 1: Install the Graphic card driver in compatibility mode (if not tried already).

• Uninstall the driver software.
    • Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon and click on properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for Run in Compatibility mode.
    • Select Windows version from the drop down list after performing step.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.
    • Install the driver software and check if it helps.

Method 2: Run the App troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2

1. MASSIVE graphic performance drop in 20H2 - Similar Threads - MASSIVE graphic performance

2. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  3. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  4. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  5. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  6. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Massive FPS Drops on a certain game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive FPS Drops on a certain game: Hi everyone, ive recently been having problems with my build, with my FPS dropping in Fortnite from like 300-400 to 40 even in the menu with nothing going on and it crashing quite often. I did a fresh install of windows and drivers but getting the same problem, My CPU is at...
  8. Massive fps drops on good hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive fps drops on good hardware: Massive fps problems with good hardware Yo so i recently started playing apex and i have my gpu (1080 ti) at 100% usage, cpu (8700k) at 30% ish and temps are super fine (both gpu and cpu are 65 degrees max) however i have terrible fps not only in the spaceship phase (where...
  9. Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, prior to that everything worked fine o my PC. Now things are sluggish and slow to respond, even using google chrome has become slower. I also have issues accessing my own files from before the upgrade. I cannot play any of my old video...
  10. Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden Drop in Performance, Massive Spikes in CPU Usage (Lenovo G51): I have a Lenovo G51 which is hooked up to my home entertainment gear and used primarily to capture video either through a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle using Blackmagic Media Express, or through a Hauppauge USB Live 2.0 using AmarecTV. Recently I've started dropping massive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 20h2 fps drop

2. windows 20h2 frame drop game

3. FPS Drop WIN10 20H2

4. win 10 20h2 game fps lag,
  5. windows.10 20h2 fps,
  6. windows 10 20h2 drop fps,
  7. windows 20h2 fps