Windows 10: Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Discus and support Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a mid-high end custom gaming PC (about 2 years old) that has been running fine up until a recent forced windows 10 update I get severe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zac222222, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Zac222222 Win User

Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Hi,

I have a mid-high end custom gaming PC (about 2 years old) that has been running fine up until a recent forced windows 10 update

I get severe lag, yet Task Manager shows nothing wrong. Malwarebytes didn't detect anything wrong either.

I struggle to get anything done now

So I reset my PC using the windows tool and the problem remains, still no task manager issues and no malware detected

I believe it to be some kind of windows issue

Looking for any help possible
    Happy to provide extra info if needed

Thanks

:)

Zac222222, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Windows 10 update causes massive lag and chugging

Hello Skywalker91,

We apologize for the late reply. There are multiple possibilities why you're experiencing lag. Based on the on the information that you have provided, it could that the memory usage is spiking. With that, I suggest you check the memory usage in Task Manager
    so that we will know what processes or apps are eating up the memory. Here's how:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then select Task Manager.
    2. In Task Manager, select More details > the Performance tab >
      Memory.

Also provide us a screenshot of your System information. Here is how to get to your System information: From Windows Explorer's left pane, right click on "This
    PC
    " and click Properties. You can also type "msinfo" in the Start search section.

If you are using a Solid State Drive, I suggest that you perform these steps as an initial troubleshooting steps:

1. In Search tab of the Start menu, type "Adjust the appearance and performance of windows" and press
      Enter.
    2. Go to Advanced tab and click Change... button in the
      Virtual memory section.
    3. At the top, uncheck the box right before "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" option.
    4. Select drive C: (or the drive where Windows 10 is installed).
    5. Select Custom size: by ticking its radio button, and change the
      Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) to the Recommended value that you will find just below the
      Total paging file size for all drivers section.

This method will help improve the system performance of Windows 10, and will gradually decrease the freeze issues.

Remember: Changing paging file size into larger than which was recommended by Windows is not going to be helpful.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

1. Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC - Similar Threads - Massive lag update

2. Slow and lag after reset this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow and lag after reset this pc: Hi! i got a new laptop i5 11400H RTX 3050, 8gb ram nvme m.2 its so much better but it still slow and lagging in windows 11 can someone help me it got slow after reset pc...
  3. Slow and lag after reset this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow and lag after reset this pc: Hi! i got a new laptop i5 11400H RTX 3050, 8gb ram nvme m.2 its so much better but it still slow and lagging in windows 11 can someone help me it got slow after reset pc...
  4. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  5. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  6. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Massive lag and computer issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive lag and computer issues.: About a month or so ago my computer started lagging. Nothing happened, just randomly started. It was so bad that I couldn't even watch Youtube videos or talk with my friends. Even the windows sounds lag when I bring up the control panel. Since then I tried scanning with...
  8. PC Lagging after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Lagging after resetting Windows 10: Hello. A week ago i've reset my PC, since then most games i have played without considering light ones have been lagging. Restarting the PC may usually helps with the issue, but doesn't fix it since the lag comes back after a while. I did not measure fps drops but we're...
  9. Massive fps drops after reseting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive fps drops after reseting my pc: I had some storage issues so i reset my pc and basically reinstalled windows. I though it would maybe boost my peformance but nope, the exact opposite happend. Games, i used to have smooth 100-80 fps on would now sometimes drop to 10/20 suddenly. I tried updating my drivers,...
  10. Massive Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive Lag: Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after my recent windows update my windows is not resetting

2. massive game lag windows 10 updated