Windows 10: Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Discus and support Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a mid-high end custom gaming PC (about 2 years old) that has been running fine up until a recent forced windows 10 update I get severe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zac222222, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Zac222222 Win User

Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Hi,

I have a mid-high end custom gaming PC (about 2 years old) that has been running fine up until a recent forced windows 10 update

I get severe lag, yet Task Manager shows nothing wrong. Malwarebytes didn't detect anything wrong either.

I struggle to get anything done now

So I reset my PC using the windows tool and the problem remains, still no task manager issues and no malware detected

I believe it to be some kind of windows issue

Looking for any help possible
    Happy to provide extra info if needed

Thanks

:)

Zac222222, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Windows 10 update causes massive lag and chugging

Hello Skywalker91,

We apologize for the late reply. There are multiple possibilities why you're experiencing lag. Based on the on the information that you have provided, it could that the memory usage is spiking. With that, I suggest you check the memory usage in Task Manager
    so that we will know what processes or apps are eating up the memory. Here's how:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then select Task Manager.
    2. In Task Manager, select More details > the Performance tab >
      Memory.

Also provide us a screenshot of your System information. Here is how to get to your System information: From Windows Explorer's left pane, right click on "This
    PC
    " and click Properties. You can also type "msinfo" in the Start search section.

If you are using a Solid State Drive, I suggest that you perform these steps as an initial troubleshooting steps:

1. In Search tab of the Start menu, type "Adjust the appearance and performance of windows" and press
      Enter.
    2. Go to Advanced tab and click Change... button in the
      Virtual memory section.
    3. At the top, uncheck the box right before "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" option.
    4. Select drive C: (or the drive where Windows 10 is installed).
    5. Select Custom size: by ticking its radio button, and change the
      Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) to the Recommended value that you will find just below the
      Total paging file size for all drivers section.

This method will help improve the system performance of Windows 10, and will gradually decrease the freeze issues.

Remember: Changing paging file size into larger than which was recommended by Windows is not going to be helpful.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC

1. Massive lag after windows update and resetting PC - Similar Threads - Massive lag update

2. windows update failing after PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update failing after PC reset: My windows 10 update is not working anymore since I had to do a PC reset. I keep getting "there were problems installing some udpates, but we'll try again later". this is when it is trying to update to windows 10 version 1903 update. The error code is 0x800f081f. So I...
  3. Massive Update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive Update windows 10: Hello good day to every one. In the organization in which I work, I occupy the position of Analyst of Microinformatics. Among my tasks is the update of Windows in its 1607 version and after 1803 or 1809. Although we have the Symantec Deploy tool, the process is very tedious...
  4. Massive download speed drop after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Massive download speed drop after update: Hello, recently my internet download speed went from a 80-84Mbps to max of 5Mbps, I only work with ethernet cables and can't seem to get this fixed. This problem occurred on both my laptop and desktop, while other computers in the house work perfectly fine with a network...
  5. Game lag after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag after windows update: I just finished updating my windows to KB4015438 and i got a problem with fps drop on my games. Before updating to this version my game just run smooth but after this update my game terrible lagging. Any solution ? 81558
  6. Windows 10 massive update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 massive update?: My computer is running "disk" at 100%. Any task I attempt to perform is taking far too long. Last time this happened (October?), I learned, after the fact, that my computer was updating....and it took all day... even though I have all sorts of memory/ram or whatever it is...
  7. Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag: Up until a couple of weeks back, everything was fine then suddenly my mouse (wired) and keyboard (wired) are lagging so bad that the PC is virtually un-usable. Drivers are up to date but this has to be a Windows update issue surely. Just wondering if anyone has been...
  8. Massive network lag when doing anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Massive network lag when doing anything: I am having an issue with network lag. When doing any downloads from anywhere or any source. Firefox, palemoon. Display fusion wallpaper, or any downloads that happen online from any source. Not sure what is causing it. When checking resource monitor it shows...
  9. Massive Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive Lag: Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after my recent windows update my windows is not resetting