Windows 10: Massive Lag

Discus and support Massive Lag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by diedrichvk, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Massive Lag

Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly

Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5 minutes to open, and sometimes Task Manager doesn't respond, forcing me to open another task manager and having to kill them both to start over. It sometimes even takes 40 seconds to type in a 7-character word. Please also note that it took me about 3 minutes to look up the system specs just for the motherboard.

The details in my signature are for my laptop so disregard them. Here's the specs for my desktop:

Type: Desktop
    CPU: AMD Athlon 5350
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK AM1M-A
    Memory: DDR3 4GB

I've already scanned it with MalwareBytes, Avast, CCleaner, AdwCleaner, and run the defragmentation tool. No change whatsoever.

Does anyone have any other tricks I can use? I really don't feel like reformatting, but I'll do it if it's the only option.

:)

diedrichvk, Jun 4, 2016
  2. FH_913 Win User

Unable to run games

Since the latest update all my games are unable to be run due to massive fps drop/lag. Is there anyone else experiencing this?

FH_913, Jun 4, 2016
  3. nvendr Win User
    5800 Firmware v50 update - now email can't connect to server

I am also experiencing massive phone lag and system errors after I updated to v50 via Ovi Suite (USB)

nvendr, Jun 4, 2016
  4. darrentx Win User

Massive Lag

You might try a Refresh of Windows 10 before trying a clean install.

darrentx, Jun 4, 2016
  5. flybynite Win User
    Open Ccleaner, and disable all startup items under tools. Reboot. If that doesn't work try the refresh, or just format, and reinstall.

flybynite, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Massive Lag

1. Massive Lag - Similar Threads - Massive Lag

2. Massive lag spikes because of other active devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive lag spikes because of other active devices: My internet is great. But there is one problem that usually persists, and it's when more then two devices use the internet. Usually its my computer, a tv, and a tablet / phone, but because of this, I can't even play a game normally.My usual ping is 25-80 and I'm connected via...
  3. Massive lag spikes because of other active devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive lag spikes because of other active devices: My internet is great. But there is one problem that usually persists, and it's when more then two devices use the internet. Usually its my computer, a tv, and a tablet / phone, but because of this, I can't even play a game normally.My usual ping is 25-80 and I'm connected via...
  4. CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.: This issue just randomly popped up yesterday and I've been trying to fix it for the last day or so. My laptop is the Asus ZenBook 14 UX425UG-Q408UG, 8gb soldered ram, r5 5500u, Nvidia mx450.I have tried the installation media, some driver updates, and some rudimentary...
  5. CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.

CPU/GPU randomly drops in usage% causing massive stutters, freezes, and lag.: This issue just randomly popped up yesterday and I've been trying to fix it for the last day or so. My laptop is the Asus ZenBook 14 UX425UG-Q408UG, 8gb soldered ram, r5 5500u, Nvidia mx450.I have tried the installation media, some driver updates, and some rudimentary...
  6. When i tab out of minecraft multiple times and get fullscreen again it causes massive input lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i tab out of minecraft multiple times and get fullscreen again it causes massive input lag: So normally i tab out then i press the f11 it little bit blinks and im at full screen. But when i do this repeatedly instead of a little blink its just smooth transition and i get input lag ingame. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON WINDOWS 10...
  7. When i tab out of minecraft multiple times and get fullscreen again it causes massive input lag

When i tab out of minecraft multiple times and get fullscreen again it causes massive input lag: So normally i tab out then i press the f11 it little bit blinks and im at full screen. But when i do this repeatedly instead of a little blink its just smooth transition and i get input lag ingame. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON WINDOWS 10...
  8. My hard disk periodically has massive response time lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard disk periodically has massive response time lag: Hi there.Periodically - but increasingly often - my Windows 10 PC's hard disks used for storage, not my SSD where the operating system is drift into a state where they have low read/write speeds kilobytes per second and high response times hundreds or thousands of...
  9. My hard disk periodically has massive response time lag

My hard disk periodically has massive response time lag: Hi there.Periodically - but increasingly often - my Windows 10 PC's hard disks used for storage, not my SSD where the operating system is drift into a state where they have low read/write speeds kilobytes per second and high response times hundreds or thousands of...
  10. My hard disk periodically has massive response time lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware