Windows 10: Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem?

Discus and support Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting the following BSOD errors over time, they were infrequent enough that I wasn't too worried but they've been happening more and more.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheWonderMouse, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem?

I've been getting the following BSOD errors over time, they were infrequent enough that I wasn't too worried but they've been happening more and more. Would just do a clean install but I think it might be something hardware related possibly?

Irql_not_less_or_equal

Registry_filter_driver_exception

Kmode_exception_not_handled

APC_index_mismatch

Kernel_Security_check_failure

System_service_exception what failed fltmgr.sys/npfs.sys

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Reference_by_pointer

Critical_process_died

Attempted_to_write_to_read_only_memory_failed_npyf.s

Mulitple_irp_complete_requests

Kernel_auto_boost_lock_acquisition something didnt catch the rest

Very recently I've had the whole PC freeze no crash mouse stuck in place etc, it stays like that indefinitely, have to hold the power button down to shut it off.

Crashes mostly occurred in browser doesn't matter which and a few crashes when installing or downloading something, but not as many as in browser. It feels like the more tabs open the more likely it will crash. However I don't think I've crashed to BSOD from gaming yet, even when playing an intensive game for hours.

Windows 10 install is on a relatively new SSD, less than 6 months

Ryzen 3600

MSI Tomahawk Max

R9 290

16gb 8x2 3200mhz Ram

600w I think 80+bronze psu

I know its a stretch but I haven't been able to launch Bannerlord at all since it was released until last thing last night, suddenly it's working. Then suddenly this morning I'm getting the freezing screen no BSOD, could be connected or no. Just thought maybe what was causing it not to launch corrected itself but jeffed up something else.

Thanks

:)

TheWonderMouse, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Senarium Win User

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Nick89 Win User
    BSOD, problem with ram, PII 940 and mobo

OK

I am using Windows 7 while all of this is occuring. Also my phenom II comes up in bios as Unknown AMD processor.

So one of my problems is that when I try to run my memory at 533mhz(1066) which is what its rated for, my system will BSOD when I play a game like GTA4.

right now I have my memory running at 400 mhz 5-5-5-18(auto for timings in bios) @ 2.1v(auto for timings in bios) and I can play GTA4 with no problems but when I change the speed of the ram in the BIO's to 533 from 400 my sytem becomes unstable and I get BSOD's. After the BSOD I look in the BIOS at the ram settings and they are 5-3-3-5 WTFH?

Also Superfetch had some kind of error when the ram was at 1066(Superfetch has stopped working)when the BSOD occured.

List of problems:
    1. Bios detects my processor as Unknown AMD Processor-FIXED
    2. Cant run my memory stable at 1066 without BSOD-NOT FIXED
    3. Memory settings seem to change by themselves in the BIOS along with other things.-FIXED

Solutions:
    1. BIOS update? (<-my thought)-DONE

Nick89, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem?

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 problem or incompatibility

All right.. that error is due to memory error. how are the timmings in the Bios? Are they set to auto or are they manually set by user?

A lot of Window "bsod" errors when you first log in isn't due to any board error. It's due to your ram not being set to the proper settings.
    Any error that has a "# then Letter (4e)" is in result of Memory related error..

I suggest this:

• set ram to spec. in the tRFC set it at 150 or above.. but don't go above 200..
    Most likely what has happened is that your memory wasn't stable and thus your windows install is now messed up.. with Vista and 7 you have to have system stable before even installing a os. If you don't, then your first boot, or any boot after will run with a bsod with memory error..

• Download Memtest 86+ Then read this so you understand what to are doing.. Your checking to see if the memory is stable at those settings. 2 runs will make it known your system is stable with the settings you have.

Cold Storm, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem?

1. Massive list of BSOD errors, just one problem or many? Windows 10. Ram problem? - Similar Threads - Massive list BSOD

2. Many problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Many problems with windows 10: Hello I used to use windows 7 but now I am using 10I have recently installed There are many problems 1- right click + cut file the file after cutting is still there unless I restart or close the destination folder then I open next time. 2- Working on Microsoft word Control +...
  3. Many problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many problems with windows 10: Hello I used to use windows 7 but now I am using 10I have recently installed There are many problems 1- right click + cut file the file after cutting is still there unless I restart or close the destination folder then I open next time. 2- Working on Microsoft word Control +...
  4. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  5. Massive Problem

Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  6. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Massive Bluetooth Problems...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Massive Bluetooth Problems...: Starting yesterday, all at once, my bluetooth completely stopped working. It started with a terrible connection beforehand, then about 3 minutes later, it went kaput. No updates or changes were made to the system. I was only watching youtube. None of my other bluetooth...
  8. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  9. Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!

Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!: Ok, I despise windows 10. It is pretty and looks like 7 but nothing works, I cannot accomplish anything. My Windows 10 or software bug list: 1) Chrome does not see any of my files that are sitting on my desktop when I open the attach window to attach files. 2)...
  10. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Massive Problem: So I bought a new laptop, it arrived, and I start it up, and I have to do first time set-up stuff, time zone, keyboard layout, language, etc, then the windows 10 key, okay. Then the settings, I mess around with those. Then I hit next. It says please wait a moment, spins a...