Windows 10: Massive network lag when doing anything

Discus and support Massive network lag when doing anything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having an issue with network lag. When doing any downloads from anywhere or any source. Firefox, palemoon. Display fusion wallpaper, or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eracet, Oct 26, 2015.

1. eracet Win User

Massive network lag when doing anything

I am having an issue with network lag.
    When doing any downloads from anywhere or any source.
    Firefox, palemoon.
    Display fusion wallpaper, or any downloads that happen online from any source.

Not sure what is causing it.

When checking resource monitor it shows network going up considerably , may end up trying a different network monitor that I can log.

my network itself is fine and fast, and contacted network provider and all shows good.

Anyone have an idea were to start or help me troubleshoot this issue?

:)

eracet, Oct 26, 2015

2. Issue with Windows Defender's Real-Time Protection

When real-time protection is active, my computer drastically slows down. The lag instantly stops when I disable real-time protection. I have tried doing a virus scan but no malware was found.

Is there any solution to this where I can keep real-time protection on without massive performance loss?

EthanKerai, Oct 26, 2015
  3. FH_913 Win User
    Unable to run games

Since the latest update all my games are unable to be run due to massive fps drop/lag. Is there anyone else experiencing this?

FH_913, Oct 26, 2015
  4. eracet Win User

I connected my eithernet cord to the other adapter and it is working fine without lag.
    Makes me think it is a driver issue.

eracet, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Massive network lag when doing anything - Similar Threads - Massive network lag

2. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  3. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting massive lag spikes: I've been haveing trouble with massive lag spikes while gaming for a while now and installed MSI Afterburner to see if I could figure out something with that, and it seems like everytime I lag is during one of these troughs. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could...
  4. Getting massive lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Massive lag and computer issues.

Massive lag and computer issues.: About a month or so ago my computer started lagging. Nothing happened, just randomly started. It was so bad that I couldn't even watch Youtube videos or talk with my friends. Even the windows sounds lag when I bring up the control panel. Since then I tried scanning with...
  6. PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.

PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.: Hi, lately I am having the following problem with my PC: The computer works perfect until I stop using it for exactly 30 seconds without touching the mouse or the controller I play with and it starts to lag: if I am playing a game, FPSs drop heavily. However, when I touch the...
  7. Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

Windows Extreme lag when opening anything: Hi, I just formatted my PC and I have this problem that when ever I open something the computer seems overloaded and the mouse is super slow. If I open Skype, Chrome or any program, it will become excessively slow. I tried formatting it and even then the simplest task...
  8. Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desperate help with massive mouse and keyboard lag: Up until a couple of weeks back, everything was fine then suddenly my mouse (wired) and keyboard (wired) are lagging so bad that the PC is virtually un-usable. Drivers are up to date but this has to be a Windows update issue surely. Just wondering if anyone has been...
  9. Massive Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive Lag: Okay, so I've just been using my laptop for a while because I couldn't stand my desktop. But now that I have moved into my new place I've decided to hook it back up and it's lagging horribly Firefox and Chrome won't open for like 15-20 minutes, Task Manager takes about 5...
  10. Slowdown while gaming/massive lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slowdown while gaming/massive lag: Hi All System performing pretty well, just when gaming sluggish a bit, as in can't hardly walk at times, Game is Secondlife with 3rd party 64bit Firestorm viewer, LInden labs don't have 64bit native viewer out yet. System is clean install last month Creators update...