Windows 10: Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

Discus and support Massive problems with games ever since recent updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ever since an update or two before the 2004 version of Windows, I've been experiencing problems opening certain games. They would open to a blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Failtronic2, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

Ever since an update or two before the 2004 version of Windows, I've been experiencing problems opening certain games. They would open to a blank window or their loading screen, then close. Then, after opening those specific games and having them crash, any time afterward when I open a full-screen game, it works, the window opens and puts me in it, but the window iscompletely invisible. This is only fixed by rebooting my computer. Now, since the Windows 2004 update, one of those specific games wouldn't open and instead gives me an error 87 which has something to do with graphics drivers. I have now found out that the problem is even worse, and it is now after I successfully open any game or a game that opens and crashes any attempt to open a game after is either met with a weird error that wasn't happening before or the invisible window problem. I'm honestly tired of rebooting my computer constantly because that's the only thing that fixes it, and it's temporary.

I need massive help. I've been at this for 3 days now. I've honestly scoured as much as I can and I'm at my wit's end.

:)

Failtronic2, Jun 11, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Steam games recent list does not update

The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works just fine for other programs on the Start Menu. I tried searching for information but the word "update" in the search string returns results about Steam and Windows updates and not about the recent list updating.

Massive problems with games ever since recent updates [​IMG]

THX1138, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Dude Win User
    Steam games recent list does not update

YW, it works for me. Hope it helps the OP

Massive problems with games ever since recent updates [​IMG]

4. Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

After random update,I am lagging EXTREMELY hard on my games.

Hi Riley,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which update have you installed recently?

To check which updates were installed recently follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on “update and security”.
    • Under “windows update” click on “advanced setting”.
    • Then click on “view update history” and check which update was installed recently.

After the Windows update if the computer as not restarted then you might face issues, so I suggest you to restart the computer and try to play the game and check if the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

1. Massive problems with games ever since recent updates - Similar Threads - Massive problems games

2. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  3. BSOD ever since update drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD ever since update drivers: So I used CCleaner to updated my drivers and now it messed up my laptop. I got BSOD everytime I shutdown and turn on the laptop, also happened when I put my laptop to sleep, restarting is normal, nothing happened. This is my recent dump files that I used WinDbg to opened:...
  4. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  5. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  6. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  7. Massive Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive Problem: I can't use my computer properly with this problem. My computer has a problem where when I use it for 30min, the whole laptop crashes possibly Microsoft Edge. Whenever I reboot it, it has startup problems and when I use startup repair, it says srs text. I use file restore and...
  8. Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...: Updated my pc this afternoon as it gave me no choice but to update now or later. It seems to be a MAJOR update since i now have a windows.old in my C: I had to go back into my settings and reset absolutely everything to the state I had it before (cortana off, etc.) but I...
  9. recent massive update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent massive update ruined my computer: window just did a massive up date and now my graphics card isn't recognized. put in my installation disk and it won't allow it to run even after i clicked on run as an administrator. it was working fine until this update....
  10. Settings in Windows 10 closes itself ever since the recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings in Windows 10 closes itself ever since the recent update: My laptop was recently forcefully updated and it's effectively crippled my device in more ways than one. Nice update policy by the way, Microsoft T_T. Anyway, I'm trying to get into the settings to see if something in Windows Defender isn't interfering with Google Chrome...