Windows 10: Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates

Discus and support Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; From December 2022, on both my Surface Pro 6 and Pro 7 machines running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, with all the latest updates KB5020044, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RahulKapoor, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates

From December 2022, on both my Surface Pro 6 and Pro 7 machines running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, with all the latest updates KB5020044, I have been seeing massive Wifi slowdown. When wired ethernet download speed is 450 Mbps+, Wifi speed doesn't even reach 4.5 Mbps. Wifi speed is fine on Apple devices so this is a Windows specific bug likely triggered by one of the recent updates. Per Windows update history Surface Ethernet Adaptor driver Realtek - Net - 1153.8.20.608 was updated recently on both Pro machines but Marvell Avastar Wireless-AC Network Controller driver 15.68.17022.122 hasn'

:)

RahulKapoor, Dec 3, 2022

2. Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Basically you might as well have the latest stable drivers on a Opticsl disk or usb drive and then updates thst dont bork the os, install updates, then dtivers and leave the system unplugged from ethernet/wifi then set parameters to prevent windows from updating automatically, save a list of settings you adjudted judt incase sn os update resets it to default etc.

W10 sounds more like a pita than it's worth to install...

eidairaman1, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates

1. Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates - Similar Threads - Massive Wifi slow

2. Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi speed Slows Down whenever connected to my device: I am having an issue regarding wifi-connection. i have a wifi router assume it to have a name 'WifiX'. Whenever i connect WifiX to any of the device it works perfectly fine and provides a speed of 90 - 120 Mbps on every device. But when i connect it to my laptop the wifi...
  3. Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates

Massive Wifi slow down on Windows devices with latest updates: From December 2022, on both my Surface Pro 6 and Pro 7 machines running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, with all the latest updates KB5020044, I have been seeing massive Wifi slowdown. When wired ethernet download speed is 450 Mbps+, Wifi speed doesn't even reach 4.5 Mbps. Wifi...
  4. Wifi slows down randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi slows down randomly: This has been going on for quite some time now but recently it’s gotten worse. What happens is my download speed will randomly drop to 2-20 mbps sometimes even less than a megabit and stay there. The thing is though is once I go to network adapters and disable the Wi-Fi...
  5. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update: Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th, 2021...
  6. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update: Has anyone else experienced a significant increase in wait time for loading pages after the latest Windows 10 update last week? Week of December 13th, 2021...
  7. computer slowed down after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. latest update slow down startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update slow down startup: after latest update my pc take up to 3 min to start. I have a samsung 960 evo so it is ridiculous. Please fix this disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-slow-down-startup/06e5389d-c1be-4bd1-aa81-4e5e64edfc10
  9. Wifi Randomly Slows Down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Randomly Slows Down: I have full bars and yet every once in a while my wifi slows down for hours at a time. One minute I'm streaming games then suddenly I can't even pull up my email without having to wait 2 minutes forTEXT to load. I have Windows 10 64-bit. That's all I know. I know nothing...
  10. Hitmanpro.alert, latest update slowing down computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hitmanpro.alert, latest update slowing down computer?: Hi! I've noticed that my laptop's functions seem quite bogged down for about a week or so. Just everything slow to open, programs slow to execute, whether it's a browser or Outlook or even a folder in Explorer. I have had to click more than once with the mouse to get...