Windows 10: Master Browser question

Discus and support Master Browser question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers all connected to ports on my gateway via ethernet cables. All three are running Windows 10 Version 1809 with yesterday's updates..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jmx, May 15, 2019.

1. JMX
    jmx Win User

Master Browser question

I have 3 computers all connected to ports on my gateway via ethernet cables.
    All three are running Windows 10 Version 1809 with yesterday's updates..

Desktop#1 is the Master browser (verified using the nbtstat -n command).

Desktop#1 lists all three computer names under Network on File Explorer.

Desktop#2 and Desktop#3 do not list any computer names under Network on File Explorer no matter how long I wait.

From other posts, I thought that the Master Browser computer maintained a list of computer names and somehow transmitted the list to the other computers. It does not seem to be happening for me.

This is not critical since I can add network locations via This PC.

But any insight you could provide concerning the operation of the Master browser would be appreciated.

:)

2. BeeDeb Win User

Computer2 believes it's master browser. “IsDomainMaster” is missing in register.

I have windows 7 64bit

ERROR: bowser (without “r”)

Event ID 8003

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer COMPUTER2 that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{EF334E47-0C21-4EBC-A9F2-E58955718A63}. The master browser is stopping or an election
    is being forced.

I have seen suggestions to go to registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters\ ....IsDomainMaster...not there.

And change “IsDomainMaster” to “False” but "IsDomainMaster" missing from registry

BeeDeb, May 15, 2019
  3. browser - can't post a question

Hello,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please clarify the following:

• What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    • On which website would you like to post your question?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • What error message are you getting when posting your question?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 15, 2019
  4. Master Browser question

How to uninstall corrupt program (print master)

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to uninstall print master program and see if it helps.

• In search type Programs and Features and hit enter.
    • Select the program from the list.
    • Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Master Browser question

1. Master Browser question - Similar Threads - Master Browser question

2. How to move Master Browser from Router to a network computer ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move Master Browser from Router to a network computer ?: I managed to force my Asus Router to be the Master Browser by turning everything off and then turning on the router first , followed by other computers in the network .This is OK by me because the Router is up 24/7 . If I want one of the network computers to become the Master...
  3. Question converning browser extensions ...

in Browsers and Email
    Question converning browser extensions ...: I was thinking of adding some extensions to my browser. I concern is that most, if not all, of the extensions want persmissions to access webpages visited, passwords, etc.. Seems to me that these extensions are just as risky as not using them. Why do these extensions need...
  4. Master Browser Observation

Master Browser Observation: To start, this is an observation, not a recommendation. Once upon a time my home LAN was 100% XP and it performed flawlessly. Times change and now I have only 3 Windows 10 machines on the LAN and, like others, I've experienced LAN problems following Windows 10 upgrades....
  5. Master Browser Timing

Master Browser Timing: The more time I spend on the Board, the more I believe that a number of recurring discovery problems may be just the unhappy side effects of the proper operation of a Master Browser in a Workgroup. So, do I have this right? 1. All the computers in a Workgroup pass...
  6. Master Browser - which system on a LAN, how to configure?

Master Browser - which system on a LAN, how to configure?: After reading innumerable threads in this forum as to why someone's home LAN is not working as expected, I have learned about the "master browser" that manages the connections between systems in a workgroup network. In all the years I have worked with Windows, workgroup...
  7. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  8. Browser Icon question

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Icon question: The browser icons that used to sit on the bottom of my screen have disappeared. How do I get these icons back? Thanks for your help 41997
  9. Registry Hack to DISABLE Master Browser

Registry Hack to DISABLE Master Browser: I'm sick and tired of loosing network sharing browsing. I have seven wired Win10 machines on my network that are not always on. I want to disable the master browser on all my machines but one or two that are always on... There are a few sites showing a reg hack but the exact...
  10. 1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?

1703 - Master Browser/SMB Broke Again?: Hi folks. I see quite a few posts around regarding issues with Homegroups and Network Sharing. It appears to me that SMB is broken again in Creators Update 1703. I have 3 of 4 tems on 1703, the other is on 1607. What I see is that if any of the 1703 tems is the first...