Windows 10: Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Discus and support Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samu Kupiainen, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Hi,

Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to an amplifier through a DAC . For volume control i have to use my amplifiers controls but sometimes it would be nice to use the keyboard or taskbar to control audio.

:)

Samu Kupiainen, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Entity Win User

Some applications not respecting master volume

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

Entity, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Sound sources not showing up in volume mixer / app volume controls setting main volume

Hello again,

I am still having the same issue. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

* Tried windows media player. Result: it works as expected, generating its own entry in the volume mixer.

* Tried updating the sound drivers in device manager. Result: they were already the latest ones.

* Uninstalled the sound device and drivers in device manager and then reinstalled the drivers on reboot. After reboot, I again checked the driver status, but it the latest had been reinstalled.

* Tested the netflix app, netflix in edge browser, amazon video in edge browser. Result: As before, there is no separate entry in the volume mixer, and the app's volume slider only affects the master volume of the sound device.

Did I miss any suggestions?

LeslieCMiller, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Windows volume control slider does not affect headset

I have a Sony Gold Wireless Headset that I have been using for quite a few months now, and until yesterday they had worked flawlessly. Yesterday, I was messing around with options trying to do something and now the volume slider does not affect the headsets
    output volume. It says I am changing the volume for "Sony Headset (Wireless Stereo Headset)" but the volume does not change unless I do it manually on the headset. For months, I was able to control the volume on the PC itself. Any help would be fantastic!

PS, This problem was happening before I upgraded to Windows 10, so the upgrade is not the issue.

AdamTheZombie, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

1. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?! - Similar Threads - Master volume slider

2. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  3. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  4. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  5. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  6. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  8. volume slider

volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  9. Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjusting Master Volume Does Not Affect App Volume: See screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjusting-master-volume-does-not-affect-app-volume/f074b1c3-d45f-4d3f-8734-6897c94f0f94
  10. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 change master volume doesnt affect