Windows 10: Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

Discus and support Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AMAHLER19, Oct 26, 2021.

1. AMAHLER19 Win User

Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across a room but it doesn't get very far with a limit. I've tried going to default settings, properties, master volume limit, updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and have been through every setting possible but the volume will not go past 65% even when I try to move the slider, it snaps back to 65. It only does this with the one set of speakers, I guessing since they're plugged into the headphone jack, the computer thinks it

:)

AMAHLER19, Oct 26, 2021

2. any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

Hi all,

I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly randomly? Many thanks in advance!

Win 10 Pro 10.0.19042
    Dell XPS 15 9500
    Devices attached:
    LG 49WL95C monitor
    Blue Yeti microphone
    Logitech webcam

countchocula, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

How to set the volume limit in Windows 10

Hi Ethel,

Please try the below steps to set your volume limit:

• Press Windows + X
      and select Control panel.

• Drop down the options in
      view by
      and select category.

• Click on Hardware and Sound,
      Click on Adjust System Volume under Sound.

• Under Main Volume, move the slider up or down to raise or lower the volume.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Rishad K T, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

1. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits? - Similar Threads - Master volume won't

2. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  3. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Master Volume not working: Hi! I have a problem where changing master volume on my notebook PC when using built-in speakers doesn't change the actual volume. It works fine when using headphones. The drivers are up-to-date, and I tried restarting the audio service and doing audio troubleshooting to no...
  4. Master Volume not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?: I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across a room but it doesn't get very far with a limit. I've tried going to default settings, properties, master volume limit,...
  6. Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master volume won't go past 65%, how to bypass volume limits?: I have an issue where my plugged in speakers are being recognized as headphones and the maximum volume is set at 65%. I need the sound to reach across a room but it doesn't get very far with a limit. I've tried going to default settings, properties, master volume limit,...
  7. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  8. Master Volume

Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  9. Volume won't go down

Volume won't go down: I have an alienware r3 15 supporting windows 10, and the volume won't go down. I've tried to lower the volume using my keyboard's functions, and it goes down steadily, but if I release the buttons, the sound goes right back up to 100. In the top right of my screen, the volume...
  10. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!: Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to...