Windows 10: Matching icon to item on home screen.

Discus and support Matching icon to item on home screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using chrome, how can I get an icon that matches with the item? Examble -Kindle with its icon on my home screen. Chase bank and official icon. All the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaymondMascarelli, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Matching icon to item on home screen.

Using chrome, how can I get an icon that matches with the item? Examble -Kindle with its icon on my home screen. Chase bank and official icon. All the short cuts I set up have the Chrome icon.

:)

RaymondMascarelli, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Matching icon to item on home screen. :)

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Matching icon to item on home screen.

"No items match your search" on a particular external drive but not consistently

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you receive an error, ‘No items match your search’ when trying to search on a particular external drive.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to search files in the external drive earlier?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Does this issue occur if you use the external drive on any other computer?

It could be possible that the search indexing is not working properly. Let us try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Check Windows Search service:

I would suggest you to check if the Windows Search service is running properly. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Search service and double click on it.
    4. Select Automatic from the
      Startup type
      drop-down.
    5. Click on Start and click on
      OK

Rebuild Search Indexing:

You can try rebuilding the search indexing and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Indexing Options and click on
      Advanced.
    5. Under Troubleshooting, click on
      Rebuild
    Note: A Rebuild Index dialog box opens warning that the "index might take a long time to complete." Choose
    OK to start rebuilding the index.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems in Windows Search

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Matching icon to item on home screen.

1. Matching icon to item on home screen. - Similar Threads - Matching icon item

2. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  3. How to change the "No items match your search" text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the "No items match your search" text: this text on my PC is really bothering me, I have to cover my screen every time I search for something in File explorer AND when I save or open a file in a program. I absolutely f!#*in' hate this text to death, and could someone tell me a way to change it? if there is a way,...
  4. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the value in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  5. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the value in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  6. Why do "No items match your search"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do "No items match your search"?: I know FOR A FACT that the values in the search bar occurs in a file in this folder. Yet, the windows search feature can't seem to find that file. Yes, I am searching in file contents. Why does windows' search feature suck so much now?...
  7. No item match your search - tried everything

No item match your search - tried everything: Hi,As described in the subject the search bar in windows doesn’t work. It doesn’t find anything even though I search for *.* If I try the same research on the drive c: some file get found, in about 2 seconds and they are really few. I tried to rebuild the index several times....
  8. Home screen icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home screen icon size: For some reason, my icons on my home screen have expanded horizontally. I have taken a screenshot of the home screen and highlighted what the size of the border is. It is inconvenient and I really want it to get fixed. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix it,...
  9. Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found

Search: Matching items in network locations in Libraries not found: Searching Windows key + S for known file and folder names and known phrases in documents doesn't return matching items in network locations in my Libraries. I ran the Search and Indexing troubleshooter with admin rights. It found "incorrect permissions on windows search...
  10. size of icons and items on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of icons and items on screen: how can I change the size of the icons on the taskbar and size of items on screen. I have already gone into the upper right corner of screen and used the zoom but it is not working properly....