Windows 10: Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking

Discus and support Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Recently, I've changed my HDD to WD Black WD5000PLX 500gb and added 4Gb of RAM (AMD Radeon R5 DDR3L) on my laptop HP 15-ba600ur. After that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by koscheyy, Mar 5, 2019.

1. koscheyy Win User

Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking

Hi. Recently, I've changed my HDD to WD Black WD5000PLX 500gb and added 4Gb of RAM (AMD Radeon R5 DDR3L) on my laptop HP 15-ba600ur. After that I installed Windows 10 Pro. What started to happen next: I was using FL Studio and my OS freezed, some strange "matrix movie" stuff appeared (Matrix - YouTube - example). Next day my screen suddenly started to turn off and on.

What I did:
    - reinstalled Windows 10 twice - no effect
    - updated all drivers - no effect
    - rebooted system - this help til the next lag appear

:)

koscheyy, Mar 5, 2019

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 5, 2019
  4. BubbaQ Win User

ATI Tool - Now Blinking Screen

Stats:

AMD Athlon 64 - 3800 - 2.41Ghz
    1.00 GB RAM
    NVidia 6800GT - 256MB - Aftermarket fan (Keeping it cool)

I downloaded ATI Tool yesterday... Ran the MAX CORE test. During the test, artifacts appeared on the screen. The tool started dropping the core... it dropped another time or two, but the artifacts kept popping back up. I stopped the test. From that point on, artifacts will show up here and there, but even after a restart and a new driver install from Nvidia... now after a few minutes, the screen will blink. Every ten seconds the screen blacks out foor 1 second. I know it's not the monitor because the mouse freezes just before the screen goes black.

I ran the NVidia Control Panel test, and it came back with 33 tests completed and no negative results.

Any ideas? My next step was going to be trying to underclock the card. It's the only thing I can think of.

Ideas?

Thanks,

BubbaQ

BubbaQ, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Matrix Screen Freeze and Blinking - Similar Threads - Matrix Screen Freeze

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. Black Screen Blinking

Black Screen Blinking: Greetings Microsoft User Pls i need a help because my pc keep blinking black screening while im playing how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-blinking/299af189-cbb4-45dd-9cd1-7452d33f9d32
  5. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  6. Screen Blinking

Screen Blinking: Hello, I am recently facing a problem with windows 10 pen settings. First I noticed when I took a screenshot and like drew a line my screen blinked and after a few days I saw this problem in One note and handwriting panel even. When I write with the pen using a mouse or...
  7. blinking screen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    blinking screen at startup: at startup, desktop computer won't start up. The taskbar and icons blink with a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen-at-startup/c5ed5cc2-f4a3-4510-9996-ae2b686b2716
  8. Web Matrix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Matrix: My site using WebMatrix on Windows 10 doesn't run. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-matrix/e46994a4-37c9-4b2b-abc1-0f41191c904c
  9. Screen blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen blink: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running windows 10 pro 64 bit system. I'm using a LG 43 inch 4K ty as a monitor. My monitor screen will instantaneously go off and come right back on in the blink of an eye. Everything running doesn't miss a beat, just that blink. It happens...
  10. blinking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    blinking screen: Hey ya'll I had a problem with my pc (windows 10) It had an error 655335, I tried to restart it in safe mode but when I selected f5 and pressed entered the screen started blinking white and blue alternatly and it has been doing that ever since. Plzzzzz help I confused *Sad...