Windows 10: Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus

Discus and support Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a test computer that recently updated to Win 10 Pro 2004 and immediately after my multi monitor displays started flashing in the SETTINGS menus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George-Cotton, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus

I have a test computer that recently updated to Win 10 Pro 2004 and immediately after my multi monitor displays started flashing in the SETTINGS menus to the point that they are unusable. I checked the Matrox site and I have the latest drivers they have posted. I have paused other computers with this same card to avoid any problems with them until this is resolved by Microsoft or Matrox.

Computer is a Dell Optiples 3010 with updated firmware and BIOS.

:)

George-Cotton, Jul 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Matrox Graphics Unveils Triple and Quad Monitor DisplayPort M-Series Graphics Cards

Matrox Graphics Inc., the leading manufacturer of specialized graphics solutions, today announced the availability of the Matrox M9138 and Matrox M9148 DisplayPort graphics cards. Expanding the M-Series product line, these new triple- and quad-monitor cards offer a remarkable 1 GB of memory, and with support for independent or stretched mode at resolutions up to 2560x1600 per output, users can drive business, industrial, and government applications on an exceptional multi-monitor platform.

"The first generation of Matrox DisplayPort graphics cards bring a tremendous amount of flexibility to today's DisplayPort users," says Samuel Recine, Director of Business Development, Matrox Graphics. "Not only can users choose any combination of pivoted, independent, or stretched displays, but also have the opportunity to combine two M9148 cards in a single system to drive up to eight DisplayPort or DVI monitors."

Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus 45a_thm.jpg

Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus 45b_thm.jpg

The Matrox M9138 and Matrox M9148 are low-profile graphics cards that make it easy to integrate into a wide variety of systems cards, and both offer optimal support for Windows Vista Aero (WDDM mode).

Matrox M9138 and M9148 Key Features
    • Native PCIe x16 performance
    • 1 GB of memory
    • Drive three (M9138) or four (M9148) DisplayPort monitors at 2560x1600 per display
    • Insert two M-Series cards into the same system to drive even more monitors
    • Configure and manage program windows on multiple monitors with Matrox PowerDesk software
    • Fanless design eliminates noise and increases product reliability
    Availability and Pricing

The Matrox M9138 and M9148 graphics cards will be available in Q2/2009.
    • M9138 PCIe x16 $395.00 USD
    • M9148 PCIe x16 $629.00 USD
    For more information on the Matrox M-Series, please visit this page.

btarunr, Jul 14, 2020
  3. IOMMU Win User
    Matrox M9148 Quad-Display, or ATI/AMD Eyefinity? (2D speed and quality needed!)

I need something that Just Works™ for a use case of staring for extended hours at text and 2D graphics on up to four displays. Highly legible words, crisp line drawings, system stability, and UI responsiveness are absolute requirements. Games will not be played on this system; however, it does need to handle all the Windows Aero eye candy for substantial multitasking (i.e. compositing of background windows).

I’m seriously considering the Matrox M9148 (part no. M9148-E1024LAF), or perhaps even its smaller sibling, the M9140. Alternatively, I’d consider something from the realm of AMD/ATI or nVidia. Unfortunately, I can’t find objective review/benchmarking information on the Matrox part for anything; and the reviews for the likes of ATI tend not to address 2D text-and-graphics image quality and stability in Eyefinity. I do note on paper, the specs on Southern Islands (or even Northern Islands) trounce the Matrox specs hands down.

First, as to the M9148. It’s purportedly popular in medical imaging, financial analysis, and graphics development. At circa $600 for the part, one might think that the M9148 had better live up to its promises; but I’m not willing to gamble $600 on that assumption. Extensive application of $SEARCH_ENGINE revealed only the following for objective-seeming information:

Spam sites abound; and Matrox itself refers to a “review” I shan’t link here, which simply drives traffic to a multi-monitor shopping site. Objectivity, please!

Regarding Eyefinity, most of the info I find focuses on gaming (as surely does AMD’s development cycle!). I haven’t found answers to the questions at the core of my use case:

• Does ATI put out crisp, clear text and line art you can stare at all day without your eyes bleeding? (I’m a typography nut, so legibility means something in my book.)
    • Is the notorious mouse pointer issue (seen in many forum posts here at TPU) affirmatively resolved in the latest-generation cards and drivers?
    • Is the Eyefinity software as flexible as Matrox’s software is reputed to be for, e.g., making application windows remember their monitor without add-on multi-mon software?
    • Will an AMD card push a snappy UI on lots of screens with rock solid stability day in, year out? And which product is required to support this with a little bit of headroom? I doubt my use case requires an HD7990 (har!). On the other hand, it would be nice to play four separate 1080p movies at once, just for kicks…
    And one more question which misses both the above categories:

• Would an entry-level “pro” card suit me better than anything I’ve considered? I have no experience with “pro” cards, and won’t exactly be running seventeen Photoshop windows plus a baker’s dozen AutoCADs.
    Further info: Each display will probably run 1920x1080, because that’s what’s most broadly available and cost-effective (unfortunately). Whilst something saner like 2560x1600 or 1920x1200 would be nice, it’s cost-prohibitive in my scenario.

Objective advices grounded in real-world experience are duly appreciated.

IOMMU, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Mal_Long Win User

Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus

Matrox G550 AGP driver setup/install fails in WIN10

I have amended the last driver version for my Matrox G550 (Vista version referred to above) after comparing against another Matrox one that was meant to be Win10 compatible (although as it included NTx86.6.2 within it, I assume it was more accurately Win8).

After a few edits I get the whole driver to 'load' (having suspended digital signature requirement via Troubleshooting restart), with the same files listed via Device Manager/driver details button as I see when installing the original driver Vista version
    in Win7 (as listed above in my April 2nd post). However, when loading it times out eventually as the driver can't initialise and Device Manager lists a code 37, Failure to initialise. The Display entry has Matrox G550 listed rather than Basic Display Adaptor,
    although it is actually still running the latter driver.

So, is there something missing in any of the files that the INF file loads or something in the INF file itself? Is it possible to find out?

Mal_Long, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus

1. Matrox M9138-M9148 Massive flashing in SETTINGS menus - Similar Threads - Matrox M9138 M9148

2. Settings are flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings are flashing: My settings is not opening. It flashes for a second and closes immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-are-flashing/cddd386c-db4e-4c85-ac97-2a5bdc39e423
  3. Settings are flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings are flashing: My settings is not opening. It flashes for a second and closes immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-are-flashing/cddd386c-db4e-4c85-ac97-2a5bdc39e423
  4. Settings are flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some of windows setting menus are gone

Some of windows setting menus are gone: We have an issue that some of the windows setting menus are not visible or disappeared so the user cannot access the setting menus.Some Dell desktop computers show all windows setting menus but some are not.The normal computer show all windows setting menus like the...
  6. Matrox M9148 Windows 10 x64 WDDM driver Flashing Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Matrox M9148 Windows 10 x64 WDDM driver Flashing Issue: Hi All, I don't normally contribute on forums but I recently bought a second hand matrox graphics card M9148 and was instantly disappointed by the poor driver performance. I was experiencing flashing when opening any of the Windows settings and configuration windows. I...
  7. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?: I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces....
  8. Flash Player settings

Flash Player settings: I wonder who's in charge, me or my computer!? I want Flash player to run automatically, but I have to "allow it to run once" every time I want to use it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-settings/7065a9cc-34d9-4b8f-b507-415e20d117f4
  9. Start menus settings not saving

Start menus settings not saving: I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on the start menu but the apps won't move to the move....
  10. Trouble with Matrox 4 port video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Trouble with Matrox 4 port video card: I have a Matrox C420 4 port video card installed on a Dell 250. When I line up the displays with display settings they look right but when I go to color managment and do an identify they are all over the place. (Example in Display Settings they will be 1 2 3 4. In color...