Windows 10: Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

Discus and support Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DonAdad, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

Starting today, periodically my computer will slow down and freeze for a few seconds then go back to normal. I quick investigation shows my Ram being used 100! but the most a program is using (Chrome) is 9%. Process Monitor doesn't show any application using abnormal amounts of Ram, but when watching during a slowdown, the Ram fills up with yellow, modified memory according to the graph, and devours all the cached and free memory, eventually leading to a freeze before it goes back to zero (normal ram usage).

submitted by /u/DonAdad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DonAdad, Jan 27, 2020
  2. knute97 Win User

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jan 27, 2020
  3. RAM usage

I have 4 Gig RAM on an HP Pavilion All in One, with Windows 10. My RAM seems to be constantly running around 50 to 65%, even when nothing's running. Also, whenever I use my file converting programs, the CPU usage will go to 100% as well as the RAM. I
    don't have any technical know how, any help would be appreciated.

ThomasBear74, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

High ram usage with no programs

Hey thank you but I was asking about the high ram usage

redfinger8127536, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram

1. Max Ram Usage But No Program is Using All The Ram - Similar Threads - Max Ram Usage

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. use all ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  5. use all ram

use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  6. RAM usage

RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  7. RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  9. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  10. High ram usage with no programs

High ram usage with no programs: Is there any solution to this? There is no reason for there to be this much ram, the programs probably add up to at most 3GB ram usage where do the extra 6GB come from? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...