Windows 10: Max sound level is insufficient for earbuds

Discus and support Max sound level is insufficient for earbuds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The system is not loud enough for listening with earbuds. Clarity is not the problem, I am using Apple's earbuds, but I reached the limit of loudness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ineuw, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

Max sound level is insufficient for earbuds

The system is not loud enough for listening with earbuds. Clarity is not the problem, I am using Apple's earbuds, but I reached the limit of loudness possible with software.

Can someone enlighten me about options to increase volume. Loudness equalization is already selected. The sound did get louder but not enough. On VLC the increased sound level is good but it is only in VLC. The motherboard is ASRock B360 8th gen Intel Realtek sound.

The sound software is version 6.0.1.7936 from Realtek from 9/13/2016.
    and the device ID is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18495892&REV_1003\4&90B18BC&0&0001 if it means anything.

:)

ineuw, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Gjohnst4 Win User

Recomend good earbuds for gaming on the go

Recomend a good pair of earbuds to complement my laptop's external Creative Sound card for gaming and music?
    Had some sony earbuds and stepped on them >< So! Looking for some quality sound!

Gjohnst4, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Volume of Bluetooth earbuds is always at max

Today my Apple Airpods that I use with my laptop began to only output at max volume. Regardless of the position of the volume slider, the Airpods output volume equivalent to level 100. Muting does work, but any other level is too loud. Recently, I updated
    by drivers for Windows and Intel, so I'm thinking that may be the source.

It's fairly annoying because they function more like speakers than earbuds now, and the volume is too high to healthily listen too. Is this an issue with Windows, Intel, Apple, or some combination? I have tried reinstalling my drivers for both Bluetooth
    and Stereo.

CactusDuud, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Max sound level is insufficient for earbuds - Similar Threads - Max sound level

2. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  3. Sound stuck at max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stuck at max: Hello, I am having an issue where my Realtek speakers on my laptop are always playing very loudly at what seems like max volume, no matter what I set the volume to, unless it is muted. If it is muted the sound is silent as expected. Otherwise, the volume slider from 1 to 100...
  4. Sound stuck at max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stuck at max: Hello, I am having an issue where my Realtek speakers on my laptop are always playing very loudly at what seems like max volume, no matter what I set the volume to, unless it is muted. If it is muted the sound is silent as expected. Otherwise, the volume slider from 1 to 100...
  5. sound stuck on max

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound stuck on max: its like the volume button is jammed, though i dont know how, as wasnt pressing the volume, when it suddenly shout up. Keep pressing volume f3 and side volumes, to try and unstick, if that is the issue. press volume down and its fight the up, and runs straight back up the...
  6. Earbuds paired but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earbuds paired but no sound: Just got a new set of Soundcore Liberty Air 2 wireless earbuds i have them paired to my phone and laptop, they work perfectly on the phone but i cannot get any sound from them when connected to the laptop. any help please 175512
  7. Sound not working with earbuds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working with earbuds: The sound on my Windows Dell computer doesn't work when I plug in earbuds. Just yesterday, the sound was working fine. I unplugged them to use on my other device, but when I plugged them back in on my computer, the sound only came out of the speakers and not the earbuds. I...
  8. insufficient sound through headphones

insufficient sound through headphones: Please may I request advice. I have a win 10 system dual booting with ubuntu. I have some hearing impairment, and strangely I find the ubuntu sound will go higher than sound can go in windows (headphones I am talking about). to be honest the sound in Windows 10 is not quite...
  9. sound levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound levels: I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. Anyone have some input? Thanks, biddy...
  10. low max volume level

low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351