Windows 10: Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks

Discus and support Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I don't know how best to put this question in the title. Let me explain what I mean. On my work laptop which runs on Windows 10 too,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Teh_Concrete, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks

Hello everyone,
    I don't know how best to put this question in the title. Let me explain what I mean. On my work laptop which runs on Windows 10 too, Firefox maximises with one click in the taskbar even if I have multiple tabs open. When I try the same on my personal one, I have to select the tab I want to open via the preview. Clicking on the icon in the taskbar only slides the preview up and down. Is there a setting where I can change this? Thanks in advance for your replies!

submitted by /u/Teh_Concrete
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Teh_Concrete, Sep 16, 2020

2. Taskbar not Maximising Tasks - Windows 10

I have an issue where certain items in my taskbar are not maximising when opening and are locked in a minimised state on the taskbar. Tried the CCleaner, System Maintenance and SFC suggestions (from the file explorer not responding posts) and the unpinning
    and disabling snap suggestions (on taskbar items not maximising posts for older versions of Windows) with no luck. This was actually a problem I had a while back near release of Windows 10, but then I had Edge and the actual startup menu not responding either.
    Got to the point where I got sick of tinkering and reinstalled Windows 10 - in hindsight I should have probably reverted to Windows 7. It worked for a while, but file explorer stopped working again a few days ago and today my EA Origin has stopped maximising. It's
    weird as it appears in QuickView (by hovering over the File Explorer/Origin icon in the toolbar), but it just won't maximize - doesn't respond at all.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try would be greatly appreciated before more items stop maximising and I'm stuck with reinstalling Windows for another time. Thank you!

Psykhosis007, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

Did you try reinstalling the Firefox program? If not, I suggest that you do the same and check if it helps.

Combining the taskbar buttons should fix this issue. Refer to the following steps to do the same:

• Right click on Taskbar and select
      Properties.
    • Select Always combine, Hide labels
      in Taskbar buttons.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Sharath Srinivasa, Sep 16, 2020
  4. sam4673 Win User

Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks

Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks

1. Maximise Firefox with taskbar clicks - Similar Threads - Maximise Firefox taskbar

2. Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar auto hide doesn't work when apps are maximised: My taskbar doesn't show up when I maximize the view on an app. I used to keep taskbar at auto-hide mode before and when I scrolled onto it, the taskbar would come up. But now that doesn't seem to workThis happened just today and it seemed to work just fine before. it won't...
  3. Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.: I asked this in the Mozilla help section and someone there sugested I ask here too as they couldn't find an answer. I live with Firefix always in full screen. I Don't like seeing any bars or buttons of any kind.Before the latest update, when I moved my mouse to the top of the...
  4. Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.

Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.: I asked this in the Mozilla help section and someone there sugested I ask here too as they couldn't find an answer. I live with Firefix always in full screen. I Don't like seeing any bars or buttons of any kind.Before the latest update, when I moved my mouse to the top of the...
  5. Taskbar not clicking

Taskbar not clicking: So, one day at school I tried to check my notification, and it would not open.I tried battery /sound/ clock /WIFI /language and windows ink button!they won't click!I tried a trouble shoot scan and put a code somethong that went lin scf /scannow and it said there are no...
  6. Taskbar not clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not clicking: So, one day at school I tried to check my notification, and it would not open.I tried battery /sound/ clock /WIFI /language and windows ink button!they won't click!I tried a trouble shoot scan and put a code somethong that went lin scf /scannow and it said there are no...
  7. taskbar does not appear on firefox

in Browsers and Email
    taskbar does not appear on firefox: on firefox 78.6esr the taskbar doesn't appear when i mouse down to the bottom of the screen. googling this provides no solutions. neither does another profile or de/re-installing. apparently this problem has been around for several years. i posted this on mozilla forums and...
  8. Firefox and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and Taskbar: It's probably not a very important issue, but still somewhat annoying, so I would be very grateful if anyone has an idea. I have several browsers installed (used for different purposes). Some are pinned to the taskbar, as shown in the attached images. Now the issue that I'm...
  9. programs are not maximising

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  10. Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox: Hello everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago, and while it has mostly been smooth sailing I have encountered a small glitch. Middle-clicking on things in the taskbar normally opens a new instance on the corresponding application. This feature works...