Windows 10: Maximised window loses edge of page

Discus and support Maximised window loses edge of page in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI noticed this today, and as far as I know, this was not the case pre latest update.This site uses horizontally scrolling thumbnails, scrolled by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by leshay, Mar 22, 2023.

1. leshay Win User

Maximised window loses edge of page

HiI noticed this today, and as far as I know, this was not the case pre latest update.This site uses horizontally scrolling thumbnails, scrolled by clicking on chevrons at edges of page. When not maximised, everything is OK but when maximised, the left edge of the page is off-screen and cannot be scrolled as the chevron is off-screen too.This is NOT maximisedThis IS maximised

:)

leshay, Mar 22, 2023

2. Microsoft Edge, maximised

Hi, Chris.

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

I would like you to open Edge, click on the page, press and hold the ctrl button and using the + and - button check if you can minimize and maximize the screen.

If this does not help then, I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below to reset Edge.

• Navigate to the location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 22, 2023
  4. john3650 Win User

Edge home pages

Since the latest Edge update, it will not open on my home pages, only an MS page.
    Settings are set to open on home pages, but it doesn't, although home page button still works.
    I have deleted all the pages from start list, opened the pages, put pages back in, but it still wont open with them.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

john3650, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Maximised window loses edge of page - Similar Threads - Maximised window loses

2. Maximised window loses edge of page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximised window loses edge of page: HiI noticed this today, and as far as I know, this was not the case pre latest update.This site uses horizontally scrolling thumbnails, scrolled by clicking on chevrons at edges of page. When not maximised, everything is OK but when maximised, the left edge of the page is...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Not Opening Maximised: I am slowly using microsoft edge more with Windows 10. Today i altered the default search engine from Bing to Duck Duck Go and closed the browser. On reopening the browser I couldn't get Edge to open in a maximised state unless I clicked the option in top right corner. I...
  5. Maximising windows peramnently...

Maximising windows peramnently...: How can i arrange it so that whenever I open any and all windows, that they open maximised? I mean too, all windows, not just windows that have a shortcut. I am aware about the option in the shortcut panel. Why aren't we given this option with windows? It should be a very...
  6. Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.

Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.: Hi there, In the same issue, whenever I open a window through clicking on its icon on the taskbar, it will also fall behind all maximised windows if it is not maximised itself. This began just over a month ago with a new update, and I've finally had enough of it. If...
  7. Maximising the WIndows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maximising the WIndows security: Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one? ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or...
  8. Small pages with Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Small pages with Edge: I set IE as my default. When I open anything with Edge the page is so tiny that I cant read it. Every page is a rectangle of about 2 inches wide and a little over 2 inches long. Has anyone run into the same problem or know how to correct it? 11213
  9. Web Page Losing Connection

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Losing Connection: I am losing my webpage frequently. Then I need to click on "Recover Webpage". I am also receiving up to 70 spam mails a day. I am presently using internet explorer 11. I do not know where to start to fix this. I am using Norton Security, CCleaner, Malwarebytes anti-Malware,...
  10. Edge loses control and will not close

in Browsers and Email
    Edge loses control and will not close: Frequently (more often than not) when I click on the "X" to close Edge it will not do anything. I have to Right click on the Edge icon on the task bar to close it. I didn't notice this in early Preview versions but it has become more pronounced with the 1511 version. 32047