Windows 10: Maximising the WIndows security

Discus and support Maximising the WIndows security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SO-TRICKY, Nov 26, 2019.

1. SO-TRICKY Win User

Maximising the WIndows security

Hi,

To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one?

ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or no?

:)

SO-TRICKY, Nov 26, 2019
  2. sam4673 Win User

Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Taskbar not Maximising Tasks - Windows 10

I have an issue where certain items in my taskbar are not maximising when opening and are locked in a minimised state on the taskbar. Tried the CCleaner, System Maintenance and SFC suggestions (from the file explorer not responding posts) and the unpinning
    and disabling snap suggestions (on taskbar items not maximising posts for older versions of Windows) with no luck. This was actually a problem I had a while back near release of Windows 10, but then I had Edge and the actual startup menu not responding either.
    Got to the point where I got sick of tinkering and reinstalled Windows 10 - in hindsight I should have probably reverted to Windows 7. It worked for a while, but file explorer stopped working again a few days ago and today my EA Origin has stopped maximising. It's
    weird as it appears in QuickView (by hovering over the File Explorer/Origin icon in the toolbar), but it just won't maximize - doesn't respond at all.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try would be greatly appreciated before more items stop maximising and I'm stuck with reinstalling Windows for another time. Thank you!

Psykhosis007, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Maximising the WIndows security

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Maximising the WIndows security

1. Maximising the WIndows security - Similar Threads - Maximising security

2. Win10 bug: on plugging into dock, many windows maximised horizontally across extended...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 bug: on plugging into dock, many windows maximised horizontally across extended...: Hi,after many years of doing this with no problems, this morning there was a major glitch.I came into the office and plugged my laptop into the dock all Dell stuff, USB-C dock connector.For some reason, Windows decided that individual applications now had to be spread...
  3. How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.: How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maximise-total-life-time-of-laptop-battery/b7f7514e-e7df-4f29-a599-c89c2a683b5c
  4. How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11.: How to maximise total life-time of laptop battery? windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maximise-total-life-time-of-laptop-battery/b7f7514e-e7df-4f29-a599-c89c2a683b5c
  5. When I maximise app windows they cover the taskbar. Can I permanently stop this happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I maximise app windows they cover the taskbar. Can I permanently stop this happening...: Whenever I maximise certain application windows - or maybe all application windows, I haven't done a scientific check - they appear in front of my taskbar. I can press the windows key or F11 a few times and it reappears, but then it's gone again when I maximise windows. I...
  6. When I maximise app windows they cover the taskbar. Can I permanently stop this happening...

When I maximise app windows they cover the taskbar. Can I permanently stop this happening...: Whenever I maximise certain application windows - or maybe all application windows, I haven't done a scientific check - they appear in front of my taskbar. I can press the windows key or F11 a few times and it reappears, but then it's gone again when I maximise windows. I...
  7. Maximised window loses edge of page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximised window loses edge of page: HiI noticed this today, and as far as I know, this was not the case pre latest update.This site uses horizontally scrolling thumbnails, scrolled by clicking on chevrons at edges of page. When not maximised, everything is OK but when maximised, the left edge of the page is...
  8. Maximised window loses edge of page

Maximised window loses edge of page: HiI noticed this today, and as far as I know, this was not the case pre latest update.This site uses horizontally scrolling thumbnails, scrolled by clicking on chevrons at edges of page. When not maximised, everything is OK but when maximised, the left edge of the page is...
  9. Maximise battery life of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximise battery life of windows 10: Hello,I am Vatshal GautamI uses google chrome from browsing and when I checked on battery use the google chrome takes 67.3% battery of my laptop. How to reduce it and some tips to maximise my battery lifeFor information, I am using windows 10 pro version build 10586 and the...
  10. Maximise battery life of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximise battery life of windows 10: Hello,I am Vatshal GautamI uses google chrome from browsing and when I checked on battery use the google chrome takes 67.3% battery of my laptop. How to reduce it and some tips to maximise my battery lifeFor information, I am using windows 10 pro version build 10586 and the...