Windows 10: Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode

Discus and support Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd, Win 10 Pro, V1809 (OS Build 17763.503) Quite strange behavior. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on or how to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmcmillen, Jun 26, 2019.

1. dmcmillen Win User

Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd, Win 10 Pro, V1809 (OS Build 17763.503)

Quite strange behavior. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on or how to fix.

:)

dmcmillen, Jun 26, 2019

2. Restore / Maximize on Windows 10

I use an All in one - (has touch screen and ability to switch in and out of tablet mode) - I discovered that tablet mode was turned on. Apparently this forces apps to open maximizes and prevents (some) apps from restoring out of maximized state. This also
    changes the contents of the taskbar context menu causing Task manager to be removed.

Tablet mode on/off is available in the action center, but you may have to go to Settings to make it show up.

JamesGPage, Jun 26, 2019
  3. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode

Can't do this in tablet mode . There's no right click when touching the tablet!

JeffreyMorrison, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode

1. Maximize/Restore button does not respond to touch/mouse in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Maximize Restore button

2. Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Keep Getting Maximized on Me Without Permission and Restore/Maximize/Close Buttons...: Ever since I was forced to start using Windows 10, I keep having Windows maximized on me and the options to minimize, restore, and close them are greyed out. This forces me to have to close the program to do anything. This keeps happening. I am only using desktop mode (never...
  3. Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple selection in "touch mode" for windows tablet user: Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones....
  4. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  5. Mouse mode to Touch mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse mode to Touch mode: My surface pro 6 while on the dock. I am using Outlook 2016. Outlook continually changes from mouse mode to touch mode. It is not a big deal just annoying that I have to continuously change the mode back to mouse mode. Is this a bug in the system or is there a...
  6. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  7. Ugee 1910b Tablet Not Responding to Any Touch

Ugee 1910b Tablet Not Responding to Any Touch: Back in January of 2018, I bought the 1910b Ugee tablet. It was working correctly for me and I set it to the side due to school starting back up in August. Haven't touched it till now. The tablet no longer reads any touch. The pen and your finger are not being registered...
  8. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  9. Move back button in tablet mode

Move back button in tablet mode: Oi! I'm desperately looking for a way to move the back button on the taskbar in tablet mode to the left of the windows button. I can't do it, no matter how hard I try. Any ideas of how this can be done? Here's a paintjob of what I mean (don't mind the missing task button)...
  10. Where is switching apps button in tablet mode ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is switching apps button in tablet mode ?: Hi Today when I turned my laptop to tablet mode, I did not see the button that helps to switch between apps. This button was located search button in bottom of the window, but I cant see it now. It was there before. Did I change a setting mistakenly ? PS: Right...