Windows 10: Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2

Discus and support Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I maximize a window on Display 1, it overlaps as a white bar into display 2. I have attempted adjusting the displays and updating my GPU to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Akutosis, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Akutosis Win User

Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2

Whenever I maximize a window on Display 1, it overlaps as a white bar into display 2. I have attempted adjusting the displays and updating my GPU to no effect. What should I do to remediate this issue?

Here's a picture without a window maximized:

Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2 [​IMG]

Here's a picture with a window maximized:

Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2 b8080d21-e3bf-4101-bb57-8a16c3b5e8ba?upload=true.png

:)

Akutosis, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Display 1 not swappable with Display 2. Why?

Hi Raven,

You can choose from the list of monitors, which screen you want to make as your main display. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select which screen you want to make as the main display.
    • Check Make this my main display, then click Apply.

Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2 9c73e05e-a8bc-42ad-b87f-c77d80cbfc0a.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2

Windows 10 issue when switching from 2 displays to 1

I'm relatively new to Windows 10. I usually run with a second display, but occasionally use just my laptop's display. When I switch from dual-display to single, Windows 10 suddenly manages my windows very differently. Specifically, I can work with only one
    window at a time because Windows forces it to be maximized. Sometimes I can get a second window to display, but then I can't overlap the two windows - if I resize one to make it wider, the other window automatically resizes to make room for it.

I've seen articles that say, "Right-click on an empty spot on the taskbar and click on 'Cascade Windows,'" but when I'm in this mode, "Cascade Windows" doesn't appear.

I just want to be able to work with my windows the same way I do when I have two monitors! Any suggestions?

MJ Kahn (mj), Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2

1. Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2 - Similar Threads - Maximized Window Display

2. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  3. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  4. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 displays showing even with 1 display: I check my settings and it shows 2 displays. However I only have one monitor. It's annoying to have this. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-displays-showing-even-with-1-display/a3d817d0-1842-47f1-b73f-61d923596762
  5. 2 displays showing even with 1 display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  7. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  8. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Display 1/2 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display 1/2 bug: Current situation: •Display 1: set as main panel, but recognized as if display 2 •Disolay 2: set as extended display, but recognized as display 1 So if I open things or play my display 1 is the main panel, no problem. But if I want to set my windows colors fitting my...
  10. Switching Display 1 and 2.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Display 1 and 2.: Switching Display 1 and 2. I want to switch my 2 monitors and recognize them opposite as they are now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-display-1-and-2/cfcb116b-cab1-405a-a33f-fac609d68616