Windows 10: Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

Discus and support Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lefkon, Apr 18, 2020.

1. /u/Lefkon Win User

Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

Hi People,

Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there!
    Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place taskbar on top or bottom or suggestions like restart process Explorer.exe. This issue/bug persists! And it dates back to the good old days...

Anyway, i might have a solution?! If you wish to try it out then Make a Back-up of your registry!!

If you don't know what you are doing than don't mess around in/with the registry!

Anyway, open Regedit and locate the following Hive-key:
    "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"

Look for the entry: "TaskbarSizeMove" which is by default set to 0 but I changed this to 1

Rebooted my system several times and the overlap seems to be gone when i maximize a window.

Initially it came to my attention when i opened my browser and noticed that overlap while my browser window was maximized. It began to bug me so i started looking around for a solution but to no avail.
    As i think of it as an UI 'bug' or a cosmetic bug, in Windows 10, i kinda knew or understood what i was looking for and with a bunch of proper keywords, i found my solution, meaning what seems to work for me.

submitted by /u/Lefkon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lefkon, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Win10Newb Win User

Google Chrome Browser Overlaps Taskbar

I just noticed that this "overlap" happens only when Chrome is maximized.

Chrome is not maximized. everything is normal.

Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa) [​IMG]

Chrome is maximized and the overlap or this gap happens. *Confused

Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa) [​IMG]

it seems like chrome doesnt SNAP on the edge of the screen.

Win10Newb, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

And don't confuse Maximized with Full Screen, separate things. Full Screen is obtained by pressing F11, does remove/obscure most things such as Toolbars and the Taskbar. Pressing F11 again toggles back to normal view. As mentioned there's also the Auto Hide Taskbar in Settings.
    Pressing F11 does accomplish that.

Berton, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Marron Win User

Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

I'm unhappy with the taskbar because it always takes space on my 14 inch laptop. 14 inch is already pretty small, so having the taskbar always take up space is inefficient.

The behavior that I'm looking for is simple: If I maximize a window, it should maximize over the taskbar, and if I press the "win" key the taskbar comes on top. How can I get that behavior?

Thank you for your help.
    Wish you all the best,
    God bless!

Marron, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa) - Similar Threads - Maximized window overlapping

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. Taskbar overlap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar overlap: Hello everyone The taskbar in my laptop overlaps Windows. I could not even minimize it even after unlocking the taskbar. Does anyone have a solution to this issue ? Screenshot attached below...
  4. Taskbar overlap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar overlap: Hello everyone The taskbar in my laptop overlaps Windows. I could not even minimize it even after unlocking the taskbar. Does anyone have a solution to this issue ? Screenshot attached below...
  5. Bug: Some Taskbar Icons stay white in light mode and vice versa

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug: Some Taskbar Icons stay white in light mode and vice versa: Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, so everything is up-to-date (2004). However I have the problem that some icons in the taskbar remain white in the light mode and vice versa (see https://imgur.com/a/Ncr97kJ) - basically unreadable. How can I fix this? I am running...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows: Hi, so I pretty much explained it. Restarting Windows Explorer doesn't help every time more like once in 10 tries, moving taskbar to different places on screen doesn't help either. I have to restart computer couple of times yes, one usually doesn't help for it to actually...
  7. Maximized windows overlapping taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized windows overlapping taskbar: Im currently using StartIsBack to customize the look of my desktop, but I want to make it so that the taskbar only stays on the desktop, similar to how rainmeter skins work, where you have the option to set it as always on top or only on desktop. Is this possible? submitted...
  8. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  9. Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese applications on English Windows 10 and vice-versa: I would like to know if I can install and run Japanese applications on an English-based version of Windows 10. This was not possible on any version up to and including Windows 8. The best one would hope for was to change the default language of menus, etc. For example, in...
  10. Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?: I'm unhappy with the taskbar because it always takes space on my 14 inch laptop. 14 inch is already pretty small, so having the taskbar always take up space is inefficient. The behavior that I'm looking for is simple: If I maximize a window, it should maximize over the...